This guide was written by Heregellas.
Heregellas, or Alisza on his priest, mostly plays disc/holy priest or resto druid during progress. He previously raided in From Scratch, and in Impact as an officer & raid leader before joining Method.
Holy Priest brings a lot of sustain healing throughput and can spot heal quite nicely thanks to Holy Words. Their DPS is pretty good, with easy-to-maintain spells and, of course, the Power Infusion.
They don’t bring any damage reduction, though, and won’t be able to burst heal during regular windows, which their other spec will cover: Discipline.
What has changed
Patch 10.2 Changes
In the 10.2 patch, a lot of changes were made, including modifications relative to the powerful Power Infusion and Mass Dispel. The whole healing efficiency has been adjusted too, especially for single target healing, leading to some hefty modifications:
- Power Infusion Haste reduced to 20% (was 25%) and duration reduced to 15 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Shadow Word: Death now deals 8% of the Priest’s maximum health in damage when it fails to kill a target instead of the backlash damage being based on damage dealt.
- Tithe Evasion now reduces Shadow Word: Death damage dealt to the Priest by 50% (was 75%).
- Shadow Word: Death backlash damage is now reduced by damage reduction effects.
- Mass Dispel cooldown is now 2 minutes (was 45 seconds).
- Improved Mass Dispel is now a PvP Talent and reduces the cooldown of Mass Dispel by 60 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Improved Mass Dispel no longer reduces the cast time of Mass Dispel.
- Improved Mass Dispel has been replaced with Mental Agility in the Priest talent tree.
- New Talent: Mental Agility - Reduces the mana cost of Purify, Purify Disease, and Mass Dispel by 50% and Dispel Magic by 10%.
- Rhapsody now only highlights Holy Nova at max stacks while in combat.
- Power Word: Life now costs 2.5% mana (was 0.5%).
- Power Word: Life cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds), but its cooldown is no longer decreased when cast on targets below 35% health.
- Power Word: Life is now only usable on targets below 35% health.
- Power Word: Life’s healing increased by 500% and no longer increases its healing on targets below 35% health.
Holy spec modifications:
- Holy Word: Serenity healing increased by 30%.
- Flash Heal healing increased by 40%.
- Holy Word: Salvation’s cooldown is now reduced by 15 seconds (was 30 seconds) by Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctify.
- Symbol of Hope now restores 10% of missing mana (was 15%).
- Symbol of Hope recovers 30 seconds of cooldown for a major defensive ability (was 60 seconds).
- Holy Word: Sanctify now heals up to 5 allies (was 6).
- Divine Star healing decreased by 25%.
- Halo healing decreased by 15%.
- Heal healing increased by 40%.
- Prayer of Mending healing decreased by 5%.
- Prismatic Echoes now increases the healing of Echo of Light by 4/8% (was 6/12%).
- Echo of Light healing decreased by 15%.
- Divine Image’s Dazzling Light healing decreased by 35%.
- Divine Image’s Blessed Light healing decreased by 20%.
- Trail of Light replicates Heal or Flash Heal for 13/25% value (was 18/35%).
- Pontifex increases healing done by Holy Words by 20%, stacking 2 times (was 10%).
- Echo of Light heals every 2 seconds and lasts 4 seconds (was heals every 3 seconds and lasts 6 seconds).