Shadow Priests have historically been the kings/queens of spread out multi-target cleave. Sadly though, this has been significantly nerfed in Shadowlands. Making us primarily good at pure single target DPS with some value at stacked cleave from the Shadowflame Prism legendary.
All the things mentioned in this guide are subject to change. We will update it during the expansion as Blizzard changes class tuning and our knowledge of the fights, gear and simulations increases.
What has changed
Recent 9.1 Changes
- Sphere’s Harmony: Boon of the Ascended’s cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds, up to 60 sec, for each stack of Boon of the Ascended consumed by Ascended Eruption.
- Pallid Command: Casting Unholy Nova summons a Rattling Mage that gains 2% additional damage and healing each time an enemy affected by Unholy Transfusion is damage by and ally, up to 100%
- Bwonsamdi’s Pact: Enter a pact with the Death Loa, calling forth a haunted mask that lingers on a target until Fae Guardians ends. Haunted Mask copies the benefit of the current faerie on its target.
- Shadow Word: Manipulation: Mindgames lasts an additional 3 sec and reverses and additional 10% damage or healing. When Mindgames can no longer reverse healing or damage, gain 3% Critical Strike for each second remaining for 10 sec.
- Dissonant Echoes: Now grants 20% increased Void Bolt damage (Was 35%).
- Devouring Plague: Damage reduced by 18%
- Shadow Word: Pain: Damage increased by 25%
- Vampiric Touch: Damage increased by 25%
- Shadowflame Prism: Damage reduced by ~15%
- Talbadar’s Stratagem: Nerfed by ~8%