This guide was written by Wexi.
Destruction has always been a spec with 2 main niches: huge burst with it’s cds and the ability to cleave easily through Havoc. In Shadowlands this is still true, due to our best legendary being Cinders of the Azj’Aqir in most scenarios.
What has changed
The new patch is bringing 4 brand new legendaries for destruction! Sadly, it’s 1 per covenant, where you will only be able to use them to the corresponding covenant.
- Venthyr - Contained Perpetual Explosion (Head/Shoulder) Impending Catastrophe’s final explosion damage is increased by 75% and on top of that it also deals 15% damage for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target.
- Night Fae - Decaying Soul Satchel (Hands/Feet) Each time you cast Soul rot you gain 5% haste and critical strike per target you hit (This stacks up to 20% haste and crit) for 8 seconds.
- Languishing Soul Detritus (Chest/Wrist) When Scouring Tithe generates soul shards, it can gain 100% increased movement speed and 40% increased critical strike change for 8 seconds.
- Shard of Annihilation (Waist/Legs) Decimating Bolt also increases the critical strike chance by 100% and critical strike damage by 50% for Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul (affliction) Demonbolt (demonology) or Incinerate (destruction).
Other 9.1 changes
- Dark Pact was also buffed, the additional absorb shield has been increased by 316% (was 216%).
- Chaos Bolt damage increased by 10%
- Eradication (Level 15 Talent) now also increases the damage of pets and guardians.
- Shadowburn (Level 25 Talent) damage increased by 23% and now refreshes a charge if the target dies within 5 seconds.