The Priest Tree provides a lot of specific-utility talents that are easily accessible while swapping one or two points, depending on the encounter.
Let’s take a look at some useful things that can catch our eyes:
- Multiple talents that will help a bit with your tankiness, especially: Protective Light (which can be proc’ed at any time, without any cooldown), Spell Warding, Translucent Image & Improved Fade (acting as a very-short defensive cooldown)...
- Power Infusion, of course,
- Easy access to Twins of the Sun Priestess, granting you the full effect of Power Infusion when used on an ally,
- A new Single Target ability Power Word:Life. Without being OP, it’s still a nice addition for some additional panic healing,
- Mindgames to weave in a bit more DPS than usual without much commitment,
It’s very easy to swap one or two points to catch any situational talent depending of what you’re facing, to either take Mass Dispel, Phantasm if you can cheese some snare-mechanics, Dispel Magic/Improved Purify if needed, or Shackle Undead on some heavy-CC encounters, as some examples.
With Patch 10.0.5, one notable thing is the apparition of Sanguine Teachings, increasing our Leech by 3%, and San’layn granting an extra 2% Leech, making this talent interesting for Holy Priest.
Of course, we still have the Holy Tree to cover too, so let’s take a look at some builds in the next section!
Raid PoH build (AoE) + Assist DPS
As we saw in the previous section, you can swap talents around very easily if you need specific utility picks during any given encounter.
Raid PoH build (AoE) - Heavy Healing
This build is still centered around Prayer of Healing, but without the assisted DPS that we saw in the previous talent tree. This one is focused more on the heavy healing side.
Lightweaver Build (Single Target) + Assist DPS
This build will be a bit more specific. It's centered towards Lightweaver and any synergy that comes with it, thanks to Everlasting Light and Crisis Management. It will give you more strength with Single Target healing while emphasizing the assist DPS (Empyreal Blaze).
Mythic+ (Classic build, mixing damage/healing)