Welcome to the Method Dragonflight Holy Paladin Guide.
Greetings and salutations, my name is Joki and I’ve been hardcore raiding since BFA (Crucible of Storms) when I joined Honolulu, however my Holy Paladin experience started much earlier than that, spanning all the way back to when I first started the game in TBC and made my very first character.
- Strong spot healing.
- Brings a raid-wide damage reduction with Devotion Aura that can be empowered with Aura Mastery.
- Game changing utility kit with Blessing of Sacrifice, Blessing of Protection and Blessing
- of Freedom.
- Strong passive damage
- Strong passive healing with Beacon of Faith and Glimmer of Light
- Good personal defensives with Divine Protection and an immunity Divine Shield.
- Poor mobility.
- Melee Healer.
- Cooldown dependent, especially Daybreak + Divine Toll and Avenging Wrath
What has changed
Changes in Patch 10.1.7
There haven't been any changes to Holy Paladin in Patch 10.1.7 that have required updates to the guide.
Update after the 8th August Class Tuning
Even after several nerfs to our kit and overall healing, Holy Paladin remains a top pick in all forms of content.
The guide has been brought up to date for the current version of the game.
Patch 10.1.5 Changes
With Patch 10.1.5 not only has the Holy Talent Tree been completely reworked but a lot of base spells have been altered as well. Due to the large number of changes, here I will summarize only the most important (and interesting) changes coming in patch 10.1.5.
- Glimmer of Light healing and damage is now split evenly between all targets and its total is increased by 6% for each target affected. It’s capped at 3 targets but that can be increased by 5 more with the Illumination talent.
- Infusion of Light now causes Flash of Light to cost 70% less mana (was 30%) and causes Holy Light to generate 2 Holy Power (was 1).
- Judgement now generates Holy Power and can consume Infusion of Light.
- New Talent: Righteous Judgment - Judgment has a 50% chance to cast Consecration at target’s location - the limit on Consecration does NOT apply to this effect.
- Crusader Strike now has 1 charge but generates 2 Holy Power with Holy Infusion talent.
- New Talent: Light’s Conviction
- New Talent: Hand of Divinity
- New Talent: Daybreak
- New Talent: Rising Sunlight
- Tyr’s Deliverance and Boundless Salvation have received significant buffs.
- Awakening has been reworked. Holy Power spenders generate 1 stack of Awakening, at 12 stacks your next Judgment deals 30% increased damage, will critically strike and activate Avenging Wrath for 12 seconds.