Hey, I’m Huntoper, I’ve been playing BM Hunter since BfA pre-patch. This is my very first guide and I hope it will help you out in some way.
Beast Mastery Hunter is a ranged spec that has very high mobility that can do all their damage while moving. Thanks to pets, this is one of the best classes for soloing content. This class also grants a bunch of utilities such as Binding Shot, Tar Trap, Freezing Trap, Intimidation, Misdirection and Primal Rage, as well as an immunity Aspect of the Turtle. For Aoe Damage, BM Hunter has Beast Cleave for sustained damage.
The weakness of this spec is that depending on your pet to deal the majority of your damage means if your pet is stuck, you don't do damage. Also, pet travel to the next target might take some time in fights where you must switch targets.
What has changed
9.1.5 Beast Mastery Hunter Changes
Several Abilities are getting uncapped:
Death Chakram (Necrolord ability) now also increases all physical damage done by you and your pet to the targets damaged by 10% for 10 seconds.
Flayed Shot (Venthyr Ability) now deals an additional hit of damage when cast. This damage also has 15% chance (increased with Empowered Release Conduit) to reset the cooldown of Kill Shot.
Revive Pet Cast Time changed from 4 sec cast to 3 sec
With the release of patch 9.1 we are not getting any changes, but we are getting some new stuff.
- Hunter only cloak Dark Ranger’s Quiver
- Covenant legendaries
- Legendary bow Rae’shalare, Death’s Whisper that gives additional ability Wailing Arrow
- Domination sockets system
- Aspect of the Wild is now off the GCD
- Beast Cleave and Multishot are capped at 5 targets
- Barrage is capped at 8 targets
- Revive Pet cast time is now 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds
- Bestial Wrath deals very small initial damage
- Misdirection has been reworked
We also got several new spells:
- Hunter’s Mark - marks enemy target which is visible for us all time good for PvP
- Arcane Shot - arcane dmg shot costs more than cobra shot and does not reduce Kill Commands cooldown but is magic damage
- Scare Beast - Fear for beasts only
- Kill Shot - 20% execute
- Eyes of the Beast - “Mind control our pet”
- Tranquilizing Shot - replaces our pet’s purge only difference is that its on global cooldown and gives 10 focus if successfully dispels