Welcome to the Method Beast Mastery guide written by me, Cruelladk. I'm a french player and streamer. I raided with Impact and From Scratch and am now a raider for Method.
Beast Mastery Hunter is a ranged spec with very high mobility and can do all their damage while moving. Thanks to their pets, this is one of the best classes for soloing content. This class also grants a bunch of utilities such as Binding Shot, Tar Trap, Freezing Trap, Intimidation, Misdirection, and Primal Rage, as well as an immunity Aspect of the Turtle. For Aoe Damage, BM Hunter has Beast Cleave for sustained damage.
The weakness of this spec is that it depends on your pet to deal most of your damage means if your pet is stuck, you don't do damage. Also, pet travel to the next target might take some time in fights where you must switch targets. Beast mastery hunter also has a limited ability to do AoE damage since our pets are only cleaving next to them. Hunter is also one of the weakest classes in terms of defensive cooldowns.
What has changed
Changes in Patch 10.1
General Hunters changes:
- Roar of Sacrifice is now a talent in the core tree as a choice node against Hunter's Avoidance.
- Revive Pet now has a 2.5 second cast time (was 3 seconds) and is now physical (can no longer be stopped by Silence and Interrupt effects).
- Rejuvenating Wind now heals for 8%/16% of maximum health (was 10%/20%).
Beast Mastery changes:
- Bloody Frenzy has been redesigned : While Call of the Wild is active, your pets have the Beast Cleave effect, and Cobra Shot applies Serpent Sting to any target hit.
- Aspect of the Wild now causes Cobra Shot to hit 2 extra targets (was 1), to a total of 3 targets.
- Master Handler cooldown reduction value increased to 4 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- Snake Bite bonus damage increased to 75% (was 30%).
- Fixed an issue where the Animal Companion Pet talent was not working as intended when using a Pterrodax family pet as your second pet.
Changes in Patch 10.0.7
Due to the nerf of Neltharax, Enemy of the sky’s effect, the spec has been buffed:
- Death Chakram damage increased by 100%.
- Serpent Sting damage increased by 25%.
- Cobra Shot damage increased by 50%
- Kill Command damage increased by 10%
- Barbed Shot damage increased by 12%
- Stomp damage increased by 25%
- Kill Cleave now transfers 60% of Kill Command's damage (was 50%).
- Rejuvenating Wind talent now also increases maximum health by 4% per rank