This guide was originally written by Kali and updated by Plush for Patch 10.1.5.
Yo! My name is Plush, I am a WoW veteran with over 15 years of experience with highest difficulty raiding. I've been a guild master and raid leader of a top 30 guild for the majority of those years. I am excited to continue my journey, now raiding with Method. Having played every healer at a high level throughout my career has given me a solid understanding of what the game requires, as such I’ll be stepping in Kali’s shoes and continue on this preservation guide for all of you!
Hey, I am Kali (Kalieyn)! I am a multi-class healer who is well practiced on all healers and can play all healing specializations at a high level. Previously raiding in Pieces, another RWF guild during Shadowlands, I am excited to continue my journey with Method in Dragonflight, especially with the newest healing specialization, Preservation Evoker. After playing this class during the RWF with Method, it is clear that this is an incredibly strong class with many great things to offer!
I am so excited to introduce you to Preservation Evoker, with all its fun and unique abilities!
Preservation Evoker has fun, hard hitting abilities. The class has a strong learning curve that is very rewarding when you begin mastering the class, which this guide will help towards! You are incredibly mobile, dashing around during combat to heal your allies, and damage your foes, with quick ways to get out of trouble and reposition. With a versatile talent tree with many great options, there are so many reasons to be excited about this class.
Weaknesses of the class include the 30 yard range, and long cast times on your important, hard hitting abilities. This makes your positioning and use of your abilities more valuable as the class relies on these, and it doesn't have a particularly impactful spammable ability outside of living flame.
What has changed
New Tier in Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
- 2 Set: Spiritbloom applies a heal over time effect for 40% of healing done over 8 sec. Dream Breath’s healing increased by 15%.
- 4 Set: After casting 4 empower spells, gain Essence Burst immediately after another 3 sec later.
Changes in Patch 10.1.5
- Several talent changes:
- Regenerative Magic: 3% Leech increase. Located below Instinctive Arcana.
- Draconic Legacy: 6% stamina in 1 point instead of 3%/6% with 2 points. Swapped position with Inherent Resistance.
- Blast Furnace: 4 seconds on firebreath duration in 1 point instead of 2/4 seconds with 2 points.
- Added a new talent: Potent Mana: give a friendly healer 3% damage and healing done. In Regenerative Magic’s old location.
- Life-Giver’s Flame: Splits its healing up to 5 injured targets now. Range increased to 40 yards.
- Exhilarating Burst: Crit modifier increased from 15/30% to 30/60%.
- All damage increased by 10%. This is to offset the incoming Onyx Amulet nerf.
- All healing except Rewind, Temporal Anomaly, Emerald Communion and some other minor effects increased by 2%.
- Emerald Blossom’s flower now grows immediately on cast and heals after 1.5 seconds (was two seconds).
- Rewind healing nerfed by 20%. (40% rewinded instead of 50% of damage taken).
- The old Vault of the Incarnates 2-set was changed from 25% crit chance increase to 35% healing increase which basically makes this set unwanted in 10.1.5
- Scarlet Adaptation hotfixed. Not sure yet whether this is a buff or not, will be updated later in the patch.
All in all, preservation is looking to be slightly stronger in 10.1.5 with a wider variety of talent options.
Recent Changes in 10.0.7
- Developers' notes: "In 10.0.7, we are trying to address the dominance of Temporal Anomaly and Resonating Sphere. Ideally, Emerald Blossom talents should be a good pick in situations where your allies are stacked together, but even in those cases we are seeing Temporal Anomaly focused builds winning. These changes are a step towards creating a variety of viable builds for Preservation, and we're keeping an eye on feedback and continuing to make changes here to keep gameplay and talent choices in a healthy place."
- Ouroboros has been redesigned – Casting Echo increases the healing of your next Emerald Blossom by 30%, stacking up to 5 times (was Emerald Blossom and Dream Breath increase healing of Echo).
- Fluttering Seedlings healing increased by 20%.
- Temporal Anomaly absorption value reduced by 20%.
- Resonating Sphere now applies Echo to the first 4 allies hit (was 6 allies).
- Temporal Compression can now be gained from casting Tip the Scales.
- Empowered spells cast with Tip the Scales no longer consume stacks of Temporal Compression.
- When Lifebind is applied through a lower value Echo with Temporal Anomaly, its healing value is reduced to match the value of the Echo.
- When Golden Hour is applied through a lower value Echo with Temporal Anomaly, its healing value is reduced to match the value of the Echo.