Hey, I am Kali (Kalieyn), and I am the writer of this preservation guide.
I am a multi-class healer who is well practiced on all healers and can play all healing specializations at a high level. Previously raiding in Pieces, another RWF guild during Shadowlands, I am excited to continue my journey with Method in Dragonflight, especially with the newest healing specialization, Preservation Evoker.
I am so excited to introduce you to Preservation Evoker, with all its fun and unique abilities! After playing this class during the RWF with Method, it is clear that this is an incredibly strong class with many great things to offer!
Please keep in mind that this is a newer class and therefore talents, builds and playstyles in this guide are very likely to change. There are various builds circulating, and testing is still being done on Evoker to determine the final builds to play in Dragonflight.
Preservation Evoker has fun, hard hitting abilities. The class has a strong learning curve that is very rewarding when you begin mastering the class, which this guide will help towards! You are incredibly mobile, dashing around during combat to heal your allies, and damage your foes, with quick ways to get out of trouble and reposition. With a versatile talent tree with many great options, there are so many reasons to be excited about this class.
Weaknesses of the class include the 30 yard range, and long cast times on your important, hard hitting abilities. This makes your positioning and use of your abilities more valuable as the class relies on these, and it doesn't have a particularly impactful spammable ability outside of living flame.
What has changed
New Tier in Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
- 2 Set: Spiritbloom applies a heal over time effect for 40% of healing done over 8 sec. Dream Breath’s healing increased by 15%.
- 4 Set: After casting 4 empower spells, gain Essence Burst immediately after another 3 sec later.
Recent Changes in 10.0.7
- Developers' notes: "In 10.0.7, we are trying to address the dominance of Temporal Anomaly and Resonating Sphere. Ideally, Emerald Blossom talents should be a good pick in situations where your allies are stacked together, but even in those cases we are seeing Temporal Anomaly focused builds winning. These changes are a step towards creating a variety of viable builds for Preservation, and we're keeping an eye on feedback and continuing to make changes here to keep gameplay and talent choices in a healthy place."
- Ouroboros has been redesigned – Casting Echo increases the healing of your next Emerald Blossom by 30%, stacking up to 5 times (was Emerald Blossom and Dream Breath increase healing of Echo).
- Fluttering Seedlings healing increased by 20%.
- Temporal Anomaly absorption value reduced by 20%.
- Resonating Sphere now applies Echo to the first 4 allies hit (was 6 allies).
- Temporal Compression can now be gained from casting Tip the Scales.
- Empowered spells cast with Tip the Scales no longer consume stacks of Temporal Compression.
- When Lifebind is applied through a lower value Echo with Temporal Anomaly, its healing value is reduced to match the value of the Echo.
- When Golden Hour is applied through a lower value Echo with Temporal Anomaly, its healing value is reduced to match the value of the Echo.