An interface is extremely personal, but I highly recommend the addons below:
- Raid Frames add-on (Grid2, Vuhdo…) - Raid frames you can configure the way you want to show anything you need (different buffs/HoTs/CDs, every debuffs for each encounter, at specific spots)
- Boss Mod (BigWigs, DBM…) - Boss ability timers
- Method Raid Tools - Displays timings for externals and other healers CDs, BRez timer, combat timer, in-game note, and a lot of other cool features
- WeakAuras - Gives you extreme customization over your UI and makes information much easier to display
Angelic Feather Macro
This will cast Angelic Feather at your feet without having to position your cursor, or at your mouse cursor if you press Alt and the keybind together. This eliminates the need to click with your cursor, and allows you to Feather either yourself or an ally easily. You can swap Alt with Shift or Ctrl too if you prefer!
#showtooltip Angelic Feather
/cast [@player, nomod] Angelic Feather; [@cursor, mod:alt] Angelic Feather
This is an example of a Mod Macro, you can change Angelic Feather to another ability.
Renew Mouseover Macro
All abilities can be used as a mouseover macro. The example below is a Renew mouseover macro. If you replace “Renew” with any ability name, it will cast the ability you have typed on the target your mouse is currently over.
/cast [@mouseover,exists] Renew
Since Dragonflight, the standard UI enables mouseover via an easy-to-access option. You can either opt-in for it, or just make your own macros if you prefer to customise them a bit more.
As an other example, here is a more customised Renew mouseover macro, which will prioritise your mouseover, then your target (if friendly) if no mouseover, then yourself (if you’re not targeting any friendly unit).
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Renew
Cast at Cursor Macro
You can also use a macro in order to cast an AoE-targeted ability directly at your cursor’s position, without having to click its position. Here is an example with Holy Word: Sanctify:
#showtooltip Holy Word: Sanctify
/cast [@cursor] Holy Word: Sanctify
WeakAuras are very flexible and useful, providing you with any information you want to have.
If you’re not into creating them (even though you should check how they are done each time since basic WeakAuras are very easy to do and will help you greatly in the future), you can easily grab some of your choosing on Wago.
Some good WeakAuras ideas for Holy Priest would be:
- Cooldown tracker, to quickly check all your cooldown-abilities as your Holy Words, Power Infusion…,
- Track some buffs on you, as your personal CDs (Desperate Prayer, Fade with Translucent Image…),
- An Innervate tracker for you, with the duration (who knows, even though you won’t be the ideal candidate for an Innervate),
- A Divine Word (talent) duration tracker, with the associated buff regarding the Holy Word you used.
- An Answered Prayers tracker, if you’re playing with it since it’ll allow you to know when you’ll proc a free Apotheosis.