Buythelight was a Holy and Discipline Priest main for Method during Castle Nathria. He previously raided in Reason and he has been playing a Holy Priest since the rework in 7.0
Mitzki has been maining a priest ever since she started raiding Mythic in Emerald Nightmare. In 2017 she applied for a raid spot in the guild that would become Reason and later took the role as healing officer in Battle of Dazar’Alor.
Heregellas, or Alisza on his priest, was a resto druid main, before switching to a priest main in Crucible of Storms. He previously raided in From Scratch, and in Impact as an officer & raid leader before joining Method.
Holy Priest's strength comes from its immense amounts of healing throughput. Holy Priest is also easy to pick up and start learning.
Their weakness is that they are a jack-of-all-trades, master of none kind of spec, and they bring no damage reduction to the table, unlike the other priest healing spec: Discipline.
What has changed
Five changes were made in patch 9.0.5:
- Divine Hymn now gives a stacking 4% healing buff (up to 20% at 5 stacks), instead of a flat 10%. The buff persists for 15 seconds after the channel. This is a nice buff, especially for the Sun King's Salvation encounter, and can be quite potent in Mythic+ too for the actual Prideful affix.
- Fae Guardian (Night Fae class ability) Guardian Faerie now gives 20% damage reduction instead of 10%. On top of that, the Wrathful Faerie is now sent to the closest enemy target if Fae Guardians is used while targeting an ally.
- Divine Image (legendary) received multiple changes to improve its viability. Because of the random proc making it inconsistent and the Naaru still skipping some of our spells, it's still not the best legendary to craft first. However, it's no longer a totally dead slot, and can be played without sacrificing that much throughput.
- Flash Concentration (legendary) buff duration was increased from 15 to 20 seconds. This is a welcome change as you can use some additional empowered Heals during the 20 second window. This will help you keep the buff up more easily during mechanics that require a lot of movement.
- Cauterizing Shadows (legendary) healing was increased by 36%, and can now crit.