Hello there, I’m Meyra. A distinguished member of The Fel Hammer with love for optimizing every single detail of Vengeance Demon Hunters.
Vengeance Demon Hunter is a tank defined by its strong self-sustain, strong cooldowns, and unparalleled mobility. It brings the Chaos Brand debuff to the raid alongside Havoc Demon Hunters, as well as the defensive raid cooldown Darkness. Patch 10.2 brings a rework for Vengeance, mainly centered around improving upon our talent trees as well as buffing our toolkit. A large improvement to the spec without changing the gameplay far too much.
Patch 10.2 Guardians of the Dream brings a new tier set from the Amirdrassil raid, which is set to shake things up significantly for Vengeance Demon Hunters. The tier set focuses heavily on the Sigil of Flame ability.
What has changed
Patch 10.2 Demon Hunter Changes
There have been a multitude of changes to Demon Hunter in 10.2. The main ones are:
- The introduction of Illuminated Sigils for mythic+, offering a lot of defensive and utility value.
- A handful of talents become 1-point talents instead of 2-points in the spec tree.
- Metamorphosis becomes a 2 minute cooldown with Rush of Chaos talented.
- Fel Devastation becomes a 40 second cooldown, down from 1 minute.
- Almost all of our major rotational abilities get significant buffs to their damage.
You can visit the patch notes from Blizzard here for the full list.
With the major talent changes in patch 10.2 and the new tier set introduced Vengeance Demon Hunter looks to be a very potent tank. Doing great damage and being very tanky in both dungeons and raids. There are plenty of potential talent options, currently builds focusing on Fiery Brand, Soulcrush and Sigil of Flame seem to be performing pretty well.