Hi, I go by the in-game name Shejkin and I’m one of the new mages that have joined the Method raiding team, looking forward to the race in 9.1.
You can find me on https://www.twitch.tv/shejkin.
Introduction to Frost
Frost as it is currently being played is one of the few specs in the game that have extreme exponential scaling with the conduit Icy Propulsion combined with the talent Thermal Void, this has good and bad parts to it. Frost is also one of the best specs in the game at 2 target stacked cleave and stacked sustained AoE.
- Great stacked multi-target damage 2+
- Has good stacked funneling potential, priority target damage.
- Is a mage spec, all mage specs are very tanky and good at handling mechanics because of shield (Ice Barrier), Ice Block, Alter Time, Mirror Image, Blink / Shimmer and so on.
- Has Cold Snap which means 2 Ice Blocks and/or can reset for another fast Ice Barrier compared to other mage specs
- Bad spread cleave damage, like the rest of the mage specs
- Does not do well with poor DPS uptime (Icy Propulsion + Thermal Void). Which kinda means you don't want to do mechanics if you want to do DPS more than almost any other spec in the game. With mage being a class that does raid “jobs” very good makes this feel really bad.
- Low burst damage or rather flat damage curve, doesn't have a really strong DPS cooldown
- Uses 3 different legendaries to maximize DPS in 3 scenarios. Single target, 2-target cleave and more 3+ target constant AoE
- Frozen Orb damage capped at 8 targets.
What has changed
Buffs to kyrian and necrolord, but this doesn't really change much for now.
Freezing Winds legendary got buffed, now procs every 2 seconds (was every 3rd second). This is a very strong legendary.
Cold Front legendary also got buffed, but unfortunately it still isn't one of the strongest legendaries.