Welcome to the Unholy Death Knight guide. My name is Kwepp, and I am a Death Knight player for Method. In this guide, I will walk you through everything you need to know about the Unholy Death Knight and how you should approach playing the spec in Dragonflight Season 2!
If you have questions about Unholy Death Knights or Death Knights in general, feel free to find me in the Acherus Discord or on any of my socials, where I will happily answer any questions! I hope you find my guide helpful.
Also a big shoutout to Taeznak from the Acherus Discord, absolute goat.
Acherus Discord: https://discord.gg/acherus
What has changed
Why play an unholy Death Knight?
- Unholy brings a burst-oriented toolkit for both AOE and Single Target scenarios
- It can spec into cleave without having to give up too much single target throughput
- Death Knights generally have very strong add-control/utility options
- They have very unique ways of dealing with mechanics, allowing them to completely ignore some with abilities such as Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shell, Lichborne & Death’s Advance
- Death Knights are also one of the tankiest DPS classes due to the amount of defensives they can use, as well as their self-healing capabilities with Death Strike