Welcome to the Restoration Shaman Healer guide written by Chrispotter.
I have been a healer since Warlords of Draenor and the healing officer in Method from Legion until now. I do not have a ‘consistent main’ and usually swap classes between patches. Although, Restoration Shaman is one of the classes I am most familiar with currently.
What has changed
Patch 8.3 brings no direct changes to Restoration Shaman.
Of the new essences, only a couple of them seem useful to us and it is likely we will want to use one of these at least for the 10 corruption resistance:
- The Formless Void: Major could be useful on some fights to take dps essences to help kill things. Its Minor is looking very strong and is more likely to be used baseline than the major.
- Unwavering Ward: Major effect looks underwhelming and would only be used for niche situations. However, the Minor effect can be very strong on fights where it can build up.
- Spouting Spirits healing is no longer duplicated by Ascendance.
- This change put a stop to a very fun and overpowered mechanic in which using Spirit link totem with Ascendance would effectively lay on hands the entire raid.
- Chain Heal now heals for much more than in Uldir, making it our core spell for group healing.
- High Tide Talent got changed, now it grants you 20% increase and no healing loss on jumps for your next 2 chain heals after you spend 40,000 mana.
- Unleash Life does a bit more healing but increases the direct heal by slightly less.