Hey, it's Thaner, a healer main for the Method raid team. I've been playing WoW since late vanilla and raided ever since then. Outside of raiding, I love to play high-end mythic plus keys on whatever class is meta for the current season. My personal motto is to do dmg first, then heal!
What has changed
Patch 10.0.5 Changes
- Mana Spring has been renamed and is now passive. On top of that it restores 400 mana at lvl 70 ( was 200)
- Healing Surge healing increased by 15%
- Totemic Surge reduced the cooldown of totems by 3/6 seconds ( was 2/4 seconds)
- Healing Tide Totem healing is now increased by 100% while not in raid
- Healing Wave healing increased by 6%
- Acid Rain damage increased by 120%
- Flame Shock damage increased by 20%
- Lava Burst damage increased by 20%
- Master of the Elements increases the effectiveness of the shaman’s next nature, physical or frost spell by 20%( was 10%)
Massive buffs that are mostly focused on helping us in 5 man content. Thanks to it resto shaman provides very strong damage output in healing downtime.
Going into Dragonflight, the restoration shaman looks quite similar to the one we got used to in Shadowlands. Our biggest strength is still stacked healing with the ability to spot/spread heal thanks to the Primordial Wave that we can talent into.
The return of a few abilities from previous expansions like Ancestral Guidance or Gust of Wind and rework to Unleash Life makes our spec way more fun but still not too complex.