Welcome to the Method Marksmanship guide written by me, Cruelladk. I’m a french player and streamer. I raided with Impact and From Scratch and am now a raider for Method.
Marksmanship hunter has high mobility since Aimed Shot is the only cast you have to stand in place. This class also grants a bunch of utilities such as Binding Shot, Tar Trap, Freezing Trap, Intimidation, Misdirection, and Primal Rage, as well as an immunity Aspect of the Turtle. This spec also has a really strong AoE burst.
The weakness of this spec is that you need at least 3 targets for your Multi-Shot to trigger Trick Shots to start doing AoE damage; basically, the spec is also weak outside of its cooldowns. Hunter is also one of the weakest classes in terms of defensive cooldowns.
What has changed
Changes in Patch 10.0.7
Due to the nerf of Neltharax, Enemy of the sky’s effect, the spec has been buffed:
- Death Chakram damage increased by 100%.
- Serpent Sting damage increased by 25%.
- Multi-Shot damage increased by 15%.
- Arcane Shot damage increased by 25%.
- Chimaera Shot damage increased by 25%.
- A few talent connections have been adjusted.
- Steady Focus and Tactical Reload have swapped spots back to their pre-10.0.5 spots.
- Rejuvenating Wind talent now also increases maximum health by 4% per rank.
Patch 10.0.5 Changes
- Double Tap has been removed, and Steady Focus has swapped to its position in the Talent tree
- A new Talent replaces Double Tap: Tactical Reload – Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire cooldown reduced by 10%
- Calling the Shots now reduces the cooldown of Trueshot by 2.5 seconds per 50 Focus spent (was 1.5 seconds)
- Salvo is now an off-GCD button instead of a passive