Hey everyone, and welcome to the Waycrest Manor M+ guide for season 3 of Dragonflight! In this article I’ll be covering the abilities of all the trash mobs and bosses throughout the dungeon, as well as how I recommend you deal with them. I will also be including a recommended, PUG friendly route via the Mythic Dungeon Tools addon for anyone interested.
A bit about me, my name is Tactyks and I am an avid M+ player, achieving every 0.1% M+ title that has existed as well as competing in The Great Push in season 4 of Shadowlands. I also create M+ and Raid guide content on my YouTube and Twitch channels, so be sure to stop by and say hi!
Heartsbane Triad Trash
Before diving into the trash here, there has been a notable change to the doors at the start of the dungeon, which are now open at all times instead of being random. This means routing can be much more consistent, and with our recommended route opting to go towards the Heartsbane Triad first we’ll start with that side of the dungeon.
- Scar Soul targets a random player, interrupt or use a CC on the cast
- Focused Strike targets the tank, you can stop this with a CC but it isn’t particularly dangerous
- This mob is immune to CC
- Tanks point the Shadow Cleave frontal away from the group and move out of the effect
- Be sure to interrupt every cast of Spirited Defense
- This mob is immune to CC
- Runic Mark targets a random player, loosely spread to avoid cleaving and use a curse dispel to remove the effect
- Etch targets a random player, use a defensive if needed
- This mob is immune to CC
- Be sure to interrupt every cast of Soul Volley
- Soul Bolt targets a random player, use any spare interrupts on the cast
- When Warding Candles is cast, move the mobs out of the circle as quickly as possible
- Spellbind targets a random player, interrupt or use a CC on the cast
- Runic Bolt targets a random player, use any spare interrupts on the cast
- Infected Thorn targets a random player, interrupt or use a CC on the cast and disease dispel if a cast goes off
- Drain Essence targets the tank, interrupt or use a CC on the cast
- Move out of the Toad Blight swirly this mob makes on death
In addition, up on a balcony there is one more mob that you will not engage with.
- Pallid Glare targets a random player, interrupt or use a CC on the cast
- Peck targets the tank, be aware if multiple of these casts overlap
Heartsbane Triad Boss Fight
Make sure you are hitting the Sister empowered by the Focusing Iris as this is the only time they take full damage and if a Sister becomes fully empowered they will cast Dire Ritual, likely resulting in a wipe. This empowerment always happens in the same order, starting with Solena, then Malady, then Briar, with the iris moving to the next Sister when the previous one reaches 50% or 0% hp.
While Solena is empowered, damage the player targeted by Soul Manipulation to 50% hp to end the effect, but try not to apply too many DoTs to them. Healers be aware of the Aura of Apathy that is active in this phase.
While Malady is empowered, stay loosely spread to avoid splash damage from Unstable Runic Mark, and if available use curse dispels to remove the DoT. Make sure you are moving or jumping consistently in this phase so that Aura of Dread doesn’t stack up on you.
While Briar is empowered, use a defensive if targeted with Jagged Nettles and healers make sure that player gets healed above 90% to end the DoT effect. DPS players be aware of Aura of Thorns this phase, particularly if you’re also the Jagged Nettles target.
Throughout the fight all 3 Sisters will be spam casting an interruptible spell in Soul Bolt, Ruinous Bolt, or Bramble Bolt. The empowered Sister will always cast on the tank, while unempowered Sisters will target random players. This means you’ll want to interrupt as many casts from unempowered Sisters as you can to reduce party damage.
Soulbound Goliath Trash
- Tanks be aware of Thorned Claws if pulling multiple packs of these mobs
- Infected Thorn targets a random player just like Thistle Acolytes, however on these mobs you can only use an interrupt to prevent the cast, otherwise disease dispel if a cast goes off
- Uproot targets a random player, stop the cast with a CC or avoid the vines on the ground
- Tearing Strike targets the tank, be aware of the bleed it applies
- Occasionally the mob will Enrage, soothe it off or have the tank use a defensive
- Move out of the Shatter swirly this mob makes on death
- This mini boss is immune to CC
- Avoid the swirlies spawned under every player by Splinter Spike
- Thorned Barrage targets the tank, use a defensive if needed
Soulbound Goliath Boss Fight
Make sure to swap to the Soul Thorns as soon as they spawn to free the trapped player.
Tanks be aware of the stacking Soul Harvest buff on the boss, empowering both his melees as well as the tank buster Crush. To clear these stacks, bring the boss on top of one of the Wildfire patches that randomly spawn throughout the room. Healers be prepared when this happens as it will trigger Burning Brush and spawn Burning Souls that last for 10s which you want to run away from.
The ideal time for tanks to clear is immediately after killing a Soul Thorns so that the abilities don’t overlap. It’s also beneficial to wait as long as you possibly can before clearing to reduce the overall number of Burning Brush casts during the fight.
Raal the Gluttonous Trash
- Be aware of maggots buffed with Parasitic, indicated by a large greenish model, as these are able to cast Infest which should be interrupted or stopped with a CC
- Spit targets a random player and just needs to be healed through
- Snout Smack targets the tank, be aware if multiple of these casts overlap
- Withering Glob targets a random player, healers be sure to top players that are hit
- Be aware that these mobs are Infected and will spawn Devouring Maggots on death
- Ravaging Leap will target the furthest player, have someone stand away from the rest of the party to bait this ability
- Tanks point the Retch frontal away from the group and use an interrupt or CC to stop the effect
- This mob is immune to CC
- Move out of the Dinner Bell AoE around the mob
- Meaty Rampage targets the tank, be aware when pulling multiple of these mobs together
In addition, there are some mobs in this area that you will not be engaging as they are located through the right side doors at the start of the dungeon.
- Shoot targets a random player and just needs to be healed through
- Diseased Crunch targets the tank, be aware when pulling multiple of these mobs together
- Severing Serpent targets a random player, interrupt or use a CC on the cast and poison dispel if a cast goes off
- Avoid the circles on the ground from Shrapnel Trap
- Use a CC to prevent the cast or purge off the Runic Blade buff
- Make sure to interrupt or use a CC on every cast of Horrific Visage
Raal the Gluttonous Boss Fight
Tanks make sure to stay in melee range so the boss does not cast Consume All
Avoid the puddles spawned by Rotten Expulsion and run to the tank if you have aggro on one of the Bile Oozelings that spawn. Be sure to also avoid the 4y AoE these mobs do on death.
Stay relatively close to the boss during Tenderize to make dodging the cones easier. This always casts in sets of 3.
Kill the adds spawned by Call Servant before they reach the boss, using slows and CCs as needed. If any reach the boss he will use Gluttonous Bile on the group which you want to avoid.
Lord and Lady Waycrest Trash
- Soul Bolt targets a random player, use any spare interrupts on this
- Fragment Soul targets the tank, dispel the magic debuff when it goes out
- This mini boss is immune to CC
- Make sure to interrupt every cast of Ruinous Volley
- Decaying Touch targets the tank, use a defensive and dispel the magic debuff
- Dread Mark also targets the tank, stay out of their 6yd AoE and use a curse dispel if you have one
Trash packs in this area also include Soul Essences, Enthralled Guards, Bewitched Captains, Heartsbane Runeweavers, Heartsbane Soulcharmers, Jagged Hounds, Coven Thornshapers and Faceless Maidens, all of which were discussed in previous sections.
Lord and Lady Waycrest Boss Fight
To start you fight Lord Waycrest alone, who will apply Virulent Pathogen to a random player. Have the targeted player move away from the rest of the party to not spread the disease, then step out of the 5yd swirly the expiration creates.
Throughout this phase, Lady Waycrest will be doing random target damage with Wracking Chord, and will occasionally spawn several swirlies you need to dodge via Discordant Cadenza.
Tanks be sure to defensive every cast of Lord Waycrest’s Wasting Strike
When you bring Lord Waycrest to 30% HP, Lady Waycrest will sacrifice 30% of her HP to heal him to full health and give him a stack of Putrid Vitality. After doing this 3 times, she will join the fight beginning herself until both are defeated. When this happens I recommend focusing Lord Waycrest down first and interrupting as many casts of Wracking Chord as possible.
Gorak Tul Trash
- Dark Leap will target the furthest target and more than one will never cast at the same time, have someone stand away from the rest of the party to bait this ability
Gorak Tul Boss Fight
Make sure every cast of Darkened Lightning is interrupted.
Cleave down the Deathtouched Slaver adds and use a CC to stop their random target Death Lens cast. Also, just like with the Gloom Horror trash, you can have 1 player stand at ranged to bait the Dark Leap casts and ensure it doesn’t splash to other party members.
Have 1 player pick up the Alchemical Fire vials on the ground and use their extra action button to throw the fire onto defeated Deathtouched Slaver adds to remove them from the fight entirely.
When the boss reaches 100 energy he casts Dread Essence which you should use a personal for if you aren’t full health. This will also resurrect and heal all unburned Deathtouched Slaver adds, so it’s important you have someone keep up with burning them so that you don’t get overrun.
Waycrest Manor Mythic+ Dungeon Route
To start, group up all the mobs in the first room before heading through the bottom left door towards The Heartsbane Triad. There will be one patrol and a witch spawn before getting to the boss room, which you can slowly pull with you to the Thistle Acolyte in pack G10. From there you can engage the bosses themselves.
Afterwards, go back out into the hallway where you pulled the patrol, and group up all the mobs near the staircase. Note that pack G13 patrols around upstairs sometimes so it may join the pull late. You’ll then make your way outside, where you just need to be aware of the large pack of Jagged Hounds in pack G16 which patrols around the courtyard. Once it’s handled, you can pull the mini boss, followed by the Soulbound Goliath boss fight.
From here there are several pulls around Raal the Gluttonous which I recommend you pull into the courtyard you just cleared instead of fighting in the tight corridors. Note that the Pallid Gorgers in pack G28 patrol along this hallway, so it’s possible you grab these with pull 8 instead of pull 9, which is also fine. Once you complete pull 11, either in the boss room or out in the courtyard, you’ll then have a clear room to fight Raal.
Next you’ll need to make your way to the basement, fighting some more maggots and a witch spawn while you do so. Once downstairs be aware of the patrolling mini boss Matron Alma, and make your way further down towards Lord and Lady Waycrest. Be careful not to pull to many mobs on the boss platforms as there are a lot of casters here and it’s easy to run out of interrupts. After you’ve cleared the platform you’ll be able to start the boss fight.
Once the bosses are defeated, a couple additional packs of Gloom Horrors spawn in the crevice below, which I recommend you pull back onto the boss platform. After you’ve defeated them, it's a clear shot to the final boss.