Hey everyone, and welcome to the Atal’Dazar M+ guide for season 3 of Dragonflight! In this guide I’ll be covering the abilities of all the trash mobs and bosses throughout the dungeon, as well as how I recommend you deal with them. I will also be including a recommended, PUG friendly route via the Mythic Dungeon Tools addon for anyone interested.
A bit about me, my name is Tactyks and I am an avid M+ player, achieving every 0.1% M+ title that has existed as well as competing in The Great Push in season 4 of Shadowlands. I also create M+ and Raid guide content on my YouTube and Twitch channels, so be sure to stop by and say hi!
Priestess Alun’za Trash
Dazar’ai Honor Guard
- Fervent Strike targets the tank, be aware if multiple of these casts overlapping
- Will buff itself with Fanatic’s Rage, interrupt the cast or soothe off the effect
- Merciless Assault targets a random ranged, loosely spread to avoid multiple applications of the bleed and try to CC the mob mid charge
- Make sure to interrupt every cast of Bwonsamdi’s Mantle, otherwise try and move mobs out of the bubble it creates
- Use an interrupt or CC to stop the Mending Word cast
- Fiery Enchant is extremely dangerous for melee players, be sure to stop the cast with a CC or interrupt
- Wildfire targets a random player, use any spare interrupts on this cast and dispel the magic DoT applied by any successful casts
- Spawns a Tainted Blood puddle that players should avoid unless they are targeted by Transfusion, which causes the mob to damage itself.
- Alternatively, you can use a CC to stop the Transfusion cast
On top of these mobs, there is also a Lieutenant mob in the area you will not be pulling.
- This mob is immune to CC
- Prioritize damage on this mob so it doesn’t get too empowered from the Soulforged Construct passive
- Soulburn targets a random player, use a defensive if needed, especially if the mob is empowered
- Tanks be aware of Poisoned Claws if pulling multiple packs of these mobs
- Leaping Thrash targets a random player, loosely spread to avoid excessive splash damage and use abilities like AoE stuns and Ursol’s Vortex to prevent too many jumps from happening
- Use an interrupt or CC to stop the Terrifying Screech cast
In addition, there are several mini bosses that patrol in this area which you will not engage with.
- This mini boss is immune to CC
- Quickshot targets the tank but is not particularly dangerous
- Deadeye Aim targets a random player, make sure they are topped before the cast goes off
- Dino Might puts a magic heal on one of the Dinomancer’s companions, interrupt this cast or purge the buff off
- This mob is immune to CC
- Heal through the damage done by Wild Thrash
- This mob is immune to CC
- Frenzied Charge targets a random player, make sure to avoid this attack
Rezan Boss Fight
Tanks be sure to bring the boss either near one of the stairs or near a wall where you can easily line of sight the Terrifying Visage fear.
Be aware of the bone piles throughout the area as if players or the boss touch them a Reanimated Raptor will spawn that the tank needs to pick up.
Serrated Teeth will drastically increase the tank’s damage intake, so be sure to use a defensive or get an external when this goes out.
Run away from the boss if you are targeted by Pursuit to avoid the massive damage from Devour. You can also use combat drops like Shadowmeld or Vanish to end this fixate entirely.
- These mobs start in stealth and will use Waylaying Jab on the first play to walk by then if they aren’t hit first
- Tanks be aware of Venom-Tipped Blade combined with their tank buster Venomfang Strike, where the latter can be prevented with a CC or be poison dispelled
- Heal through the party damage from Fan of Knives
Reanimated Honor Guard
- Be sure to focus down the nearby totem to get rid of the Bad Voodoo passive
- Once the totem is killed, avoid puddles and heal through damage done by Rotting Decay
- Tanks watch your stacks of Rending Maul, using a CC or kiting to drop stacks if needed
- If you have a DK in your group, these mobs are a strong control undead target
Shieldbearer of Zul
- Shield Bash targets the tank, be aware if multiple of these casts overlap
- Use a CC to stop the Bulwark of Juju shield channel
- Unstable Hex targets a random player, stop casts by using an interrupt or CC, and if a cast goes out move away from the debuffed player and remove it with a curse dispel
- Venom Blast targets a random player, use any spare interrupts to prevent casts
Vol’kaal Boss Fight
Just like the trash beforehand, you must defeat all 3 Reanimation Totems to remove the Bad Voodoo passive from the boss, however they must all be defeated within 7s or they will Reanimate back to full health. Make sure you split your DPS accordingly.
While you are still dealing with the totems, the boss will use Toxic Leap on a random player which you should avoid.
In both phases, the boss will begin channeling Noxious Stench, which you should interrupt ASAP and if possible dispel the disease DoT it applies to your party.
Once the totems are defeated the boss will begin to spawn Toxic Pool puddles underneath each player every few seconds. These will disappear after some time, so try to group up and rotate around the room as a group to maximize your space.
Priestess Alun’za Boss Fight
Throughout the fight, orbs of Corrupted Gold move around the room which you’ll want to avoid.
Just like the Gilded Priestess mobs, Tainted Blood puddles will spawn throughout the fight that you want to avoid touching until the Transfusion cast starts to make the boss take damage instead of heal. This targets every player at once, so each player will want to grab their own blood puddle.
Tanks bring the boss near the centre altar to allow dps to quickly swap to and CC the Spirit of Gold. These mobs will run to the nearest Tainted Blood puddle and consume it, which you want to prevent. Also be aware of when the boss is buffed with Gilded Claws, purge this effect off if you can or use a defensive if necessary.
Healers make sure to dispel the Molten Gold magic DoT as quickly as you can.
Yazma Boss Fight
Make sure to use a defensive if targeted by the Wracking Pain cast, healers be sure to focus your healing into this player as well.
Tanks be aware of the Skewer hit from the boss and use a defensive if needed.
At 100 energy the boss will cast Soulrend on everyone but the tank. When this happens the affected players should group up away from the boss, then CC and kill the Soulspawns that come from them. If any of these adds reach the boss she will gain stacks of Soulfeast which you want to avoid. This is also a good time to personal as you will take some damage from the initial cast as well as from Soul Link while you kill the adds.
Echoes of Shadra will spawn 5 spiders near player locations, which rotate between fixating players when they are large, and remaining in the same general area when they are small. In general you should try and avoid these, so I recommend staying as a group near the boss (still moving out for Soulrend casts) and rotating around the room to stay ahead of the spiders. You can also use immunities to soak several waves of spiders at once after a few sets have spawned. Note that spiders will still detonate regardless of their size, so be sure to still avoid them when they are small and not actively fixating on you.
Atal'Dazar Mythic+ Dungeon Route
To start the dungeon, head left towards Priestess Alun’za’s wing and pull the first 2 packs with CDs. Then, instead of continuing in the wing, I recommend jumping down towards Rezan, pulling the 2 Feasting Skyscreamers in the process.
After defeating Rezan, come back up the stairs you cleared and make your way towards Vol’kaal. Be careful as there is a stealthed Shadowblade Stalker as you enter the wing. Note that pack G31 patrols this area, so add it on to G28 whenever it gets close enough but won’t pull any of the side packs with it. Once you’ve cleaned up those mobs, you can hug the left edge of the platform to skip past G32, again just be aware of the stealthed mobs. For pull 5, I recommend either using ground targeted AoE abilities or have your tank jump down onto the stairs to unstealth G37 before moving into pack G35, just so you don’t get stunned mid pull.
Once you beat Vol’kaal, you can make your way down the stairs back towards Priestess Alun’za’s wing. Note that for pulls 8 and 9, you’ll likely want to kill a set of Toxic Saurids before adding on the next, just so you don’t get overwhelmed by their Leaping Thrash damage. To skip past the mini boss in G18 just wait for the patrol to move towards the entrance before running around. After a few more pulls on the living side of the dungeon you’ll have the boss platform clear and be able to engage her safely.
When you defeat the priestess, make your way back down the steps towards the middle of the dungeon, at which point the stairs to Yazma will open up, and you’ll be able to take on the final boss.