In order to create the Tier 3 transmog, there are several prerequisites that you need to complete, as shown in our other two guides:
Part 1: How to Unlock Old Scholomance
Part 2: How to Unlock Naxxramas
Step 1: Entering the Special Naxxramas
/way Eastern Plaguelands 35.72, 23.05 Revealed Portal To Naxxramas
You can locate and enter the special version of Naxxramas in the Eastern Plaguelands. To get teleported, simply click on the Revealed Portal To Naxxramas.
Step 2: Crafting the Makeshift Grappling Hook
The first thing you will need to do once you enter Naxxramas is to create the Makeshift Grappling Hook, which will enable you to reach otherwise unreachable places. This is not a challenge to demon hunters.. wink wink.
To make a grappling hook, you need to gather the following items:
Once you have obtained all three items, make sure to click on any of them to create the Makeshift Grappling Hook.
Construct's Hook Location:
The Construct's Hook can be found in the second room of The Construct Quarter. As soon as you enter the second room, you can find the Conveniently Misplaced Hook on the right side, behind the Patchwork Golem.
Faerlina's Sewing Kit:
Faerlina's Sewing Kit can be found within the Arachnid Quarter by defeating the second boss, named Grand Widow Faerlina. However, you need to defeat the first boss, Anub'Rekhan (1), before you can face the second boss (2).
The Abomination's Chain can be caught by fishing in any slimy water source within Naxxramas.
Step 3: Locating Zackett Skullsmash
To locate Zackett Skullsmash you need to make your way to the Construct Quarter where Thaddius is located. You need to kill the boss before the Grapple points spawn. Once you have defeated the boss we suggest watching the video below to see how to get up to Zackett Skullsmash.
After reaching Zackett Skullsmash you need to use a Stratholme Holy Water to wake him up. Once he wakes up he will offer a quest called Inconvenience Fee. This quest requires you to get the following items:
Once you have completed the quest, return to Zackett Skullsmash.
When you leave Naxxramas and come back in the future, he will be positioned in the center of the raid, right in front of you as you enter. So, don't worry, you won't have to use the grapple hook every single time you want to interact with him.
Step 4: Completing Inconvenience Fee
You can obtain the required items for the quest in the following ways:
- Invader's Scourgestone can be obtained from bosses in Stratholme and Scholomance.
- Corruptor's Scourgestone can be obtained from each boss in Naxxramas.
- Dark Rune can be obtained as a drop from certain mobs in Scholomance and Eastern Plaguelands. Alternatively, you can also purchase it from the auction house.
- Black Coffee can be purchased from Travis Nichols in Stormwind City, Yuyan in Dazar'alor, or Kevin Browning in Shattrath City. Additionally, you can also find it available for purchase from the auction house.
Step 5: How to get Death's Barganing Chip
Zackett Skullsmash Vendor
Step 6: How to Craft Tier 3 Transmog
To craft a Tier 3 piece, it requires a significant amount of gold, a fair bit of RNG, and the completion of an Achievement called "Drop Dead, Gorgeous." However, if you haven't earned the achievement, you can still craft the Tier 3 piece by placing a work order.
- Purshase a Dented Raider item from Zackett Skullsmash in Naxxramas
- Click on the Dented Raider item and pray to the RNG gods that you get a Lamented Crusader piece of gear. Good luck!
- To repair your Lamented Crusader piece of gear, you'll need one of the following items listed below.
If you haven't achieved the "Drop Dead, Gorgeous" achievement, you won't be able to purchase the Pattern or Plans from the vendor directly. However, you can place a work order for the items instead:
- Once you have repaired an item you need to Purify it with Phylacterweave and Righteous Orbs to get the actual tier 3 transmog piece.
|Purify Helmet||280 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Shoulders||280 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Chestpiece||210 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Leggings||210 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Gauntlets||140 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Boots||140 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Bracers||70 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|
|Purify Belt||70 Phylacterweave, 10x Righteous Orb|