To find out what your best stats are you really need to sim your character, but as a baseline:
Currently I have these stats and i feel like that's what you should aim around:
Because of that my sim would look like this:
If you don't want to download simcraft you can use this new website: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot. It's simple and does not take long, just put in your char name and server and you are good to go.
When it comes to what you should gear yourself around, try to look away from anything that has mastery on it, because anything can warforge and you can pretty much find bis items anywhere. So just sim yourself each time you find a new decent item to see if it's worth it.
Currently the strongest legendary setup is Cloak/Belt.
From best to worst:
Belt > Cloak > Liadrin's > Shoulders > Wish > Sephuz > Boots > Aegisjalmur > Prydaz > Helm
Currently the best trinkets are:
- Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid: Best overall trinket and works best on cleave fights.
- Convergence of Fates: When it comes to how good Convergence of Fates is it all comes down to your guild's kill timers on bosses, always make sure to look at your previous kill timers to check if its worth using it or not.
- All other trinkets from Nighthold are not worth using over these 2. Again, look at your kill timer to see if Convergence of Fates is worth it.
On this list you can see how good the best trinkets from other dungeons are, but remember not all trinkets are good even though they sim high because of target swapping etc.
Taken from Paladin discord
The best way to calculate stat priorities for your character is to "sim" your characterFind out how to sim
Races are a lot less beneficial than they used to be, however the best races are:
- Horde: Blood Elf
- Alliance: Human
When it comes to enchants/gems you really have to sim your character to figure out if you need haste/crit/vers/mastery on rings and in gem slots.
- Neck Enchant: Mark of the Hidden Satyr
- Back: +200 Strength
- Make sure you always have a 200 strength gem in one of your slots.
- On bosses where you do pure single target.
- 2nd potting with Old war is pretty simple, use it at 25 sec left of crusade for max dps.
- Use Potion of Prolonged Power when you do AoE or on bosses like Gul'dan and Elisande, where you gotta wait a little to pop Crusade on pull or there is a lot of movement and you cant really use your old war fully. Then just go for the safe option which is Potion of Prolonged Power
2nd potting with Potion of Prolonged Power a little bit before your Crusade, pretty much where you feel you can get the most out of your pot.
- Flask of the Countless Armies always.
- If you don't get a feast check your sim to find out what stat is best for you.
- Rune: Defiled Augment Rune