The general rule with gearing: Item Level is the King, however you always should simulate your character.
Best in Slot:
- Blazebinder’s Hoof from Ruby Life Pools is BiS for every fight.
- Manic Grieftorch perfect choice for Single target fights
- Storm-Eater’s Boon or Windscar Whetstone for AoE
- 2 Set Bonus: Blade of Justice and Wake of Ashes / Radiant Decree damage increased by 15%
- 4 Set Bonus: Final Verdict and Divine Storm damage increased by 10%
The first tier set of Dragonflight gives Retribution a flat damage bonus to your abilities.
2p gives you around 1.5% on single target and 3% on AoE.
The second bonus by itself gives about 4,7% on ST and 3.3% on AoE.
4p combined gives 6,4% on ST and 6,7% on AoE.
Stat-wise, all set pieces are good, but Item Level wise, excluding the Catalyst usage, you can avoid legs.
- Fang Adornments. Weapon Only. If you already have a higher Item Level weapon - you don’t need it;
- Unstable Frostfire Belt if you have Seal of Diurna’s Chosen
- Elemental Lariat (necklace)
- Allied Wristguard of Companionship
- Unstable Frostfire Belt