- 2-Set: Increases the chance for Shadowy Insight to trigger by 25%. When consuming Shadowy Insight, Mind Blast deals 30% increased damage and generates 4 additional Insanity.
- 4-Set: Devouring Plague damage increased by 15%. Every 4 casts of Devouring Plague increases the damage of Shadowy Apparitions conjured within the next 10 seconds by 80%.
- Spoils of Neltharus: The “new” on-use trinket of the Season.
- Neltharion’s Call to Suffering: The new class trinket that drops from Echo of Neltharion in the new raid.
- Ominous Chromatic Essence: Passive trinket from The Forgotten Experiments (Most of the value is reliant on your raid having All Buffs active).
- Vessel of Searing Shadow: Passive trinket that drops from Amalgamation Chamber. Mostly good in pure Single Target.
Best Shadow Priest Trinket combos as of now:
- Spoils of Neltharus + Neltharions Call to Suffering
- Spoils of Neltharus + Ominous Chromatic Essence
- Ominous Chromatic Essence + Neltharions Call to Suffering
- Vessel of Searing Shadow + Neltharions Call to Suffering
- Vessel of Searing Shadow + Ominous Chromatic Essence
A lot of the trinkets are fairly close to each other on pure Single Target and start to differ when you add or remove targets from the fight.
Ominous Chromatic Essence is always good if you have All Allies with the buff (Every possible buff spread out over the raid/group).
Spoils of Neltharus is good on both Single Target and AoE, and especially good if you need a little extra burst.
Neltharions Call to Suffering is overall very good, BUT, it is very inconsistent. Since the last update, they removed the haste scaling of the proc and it is now a flat 1 rppm. Making the chance of you getting the buff during your cooldowns very low. It’s not really advised to use this trinket during progress if you have the option of one of the other BiS trinkets.
Vessel of Searing Shadow is very solid on Single Target, but loses a lot of value as soon as you add targets, in Mythic+ for example.
Crafted Gear (Embellishments)
The top Embellishments for Shadow are:
Rather than giving you the exact Embellishments to go for, i’m gonna go over a few valid options. Because as it stands right now, tuning is still on going and with how close all the options are, the “best” changes constantly. But as it stands right now, it is looking like we will be using one of these combinations.
- Double Blue Silken Lining
- Double Shadowflame Tempered Armor Patch
- 1x Blue Silken Lining & 1x Shadowflame Tempered Armor Patch
- 1x Blue Silken Lining & Spore Tender Cloak.
You can keep using your Lariat & Blue Silken Lining at the start of the Season without any worries, and only swap when tuning has slowed down a bit and we know more of what is actually the best for most content.