Playstyle & Rotation
The basics are generally that you want to spam Frostbolt until you get a proc.
- If the proc is Fingers of Frost, it should be used immediately by using Ice Lance.
- If you get Brain Freeze, you want to combo the Flurry after either a Frostbolt or Glacial Spike. This is then followed with an Ice Lance because a Flurry cast with a Brain Freeze proc applies Winter’s Chill, causing your target to take damage from your spells as if it is frozen.
These are the rules:
- Use Icy Veins on cooldown
- Always cast Ice Lance after Flurry
- Only use Flurry with Brain Freeze
- Blizzard on 2 or more targets
- If you have between 0-3 Icicles use Flurry with Frostbolt or Ebonbolt
- If you have 4 or 5 Icicles use Flurry with Glacial Spike
- Use Frozen Orb
- Ice Lance if you have Fingers of Frost
- Use Comet Storm
- Ebonbolt on cooldown, shatter it if you are between 0-3 icicles or save it for Glacial Spike if you are 4+
- Glacial Spike if you have Brain Freeze or if it will hit 2 targets.
- Cast Frostbolt
After that, you follow the rules above, this is the same for both the standard build and the no Ice Lance build.
No Ice Lance Build:
You play the same standard rotation but with some small differences:
- Never cast Ice Lance after Flurry
- Only ever cast Ice Lance if you have Splitting Ice and you will hit 2 targets with it
- Always save Brain Freeze for Glacial Spike, never use it with Frostbolt
- Only use Ebonbolt if you have 5 Icicles and no Brain Freeze proc
- Only cast Glacial Spike with Brain Freeze, even if you will hit 2 targets with it