Defensive Stat Priority:
Item Level basically means more stats is better than less stats.
Mastery is generally our best defensive stat outside of encounters with a lot more magic damage than physical/dodgeable damage.
Offensive Stat Priority:
This is the general recommendation when gearing towards offence, however, it is recommended to sim yourself using raidbots to get a more precise answer.
Critical Strike: Increased chance for attacks and heals to crit. Works well for Brewmaster due to celestial fortune which also always works on absorbs.
Versatility: Increases all your damage and healing done, as well as decreases all damage taken.
Mastery: (mastery elusive brawler) grants you a stacking buff that increases your chance to dodge until you have successfully dodged. Mastery also increases your Attack Power.
The difference between the best and the worst is very small. Generally, I would recommend picking what race you like, however here are a few suggestions for different things.
- Dwarf for stoneform / Dark Iron Dwarf for fireblood if the content you run has anything meaningful to dispel on yourself.
- Night Elf for shadowmeld if your plan is to run Mythic+ and skip a lot with your group.
- Blood Elf for https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spell=25046/arcane torrent if the content you run has something meaningful to dispel(generally Mythic+)
- Pandaren: Panda can be great if current food buffs x2 outweighs other racials.
- Vulpera: Bag of Tricks is a solid damage ability that scales with damage amplifiers, which most covenants have some sort of, making this currently the best simming race.
For rings, you can use either versatility, critical strike or mastery, depending on content and need.
Like rings, use either versatility, critical strike or mastery, depending on content and need.
Potion: potion of phantom fire
Weapon: Shadowcore Oil
Chest Armor: heavy desolate armor kit
Healing Potion: Cosmic Healing Potion
Flask: spectral flask of power