Playstyle & Rotation
- Using Balance of All things, try to cast 3 Starsurge when entering an eclipse.
- Keep DoTs up on your priority target at all times. Try to only refresh DoTs in movement or when your DoTs have less than 30% of their duration left.
- (If Necrolord) Use adaptive swarm when there is no active swarm.
- Refresh DoTs unless Celestial Alignment has less than 5 seconds remaining.
- Use Force of Nature on cooldown without capping.
- (If Venthyr) Use Ravenous Frenzy on cooldown just before Celestial Alignment.
- (If Kyrian) Use Kindred Spirits off cooldown if there isn't an assigned place for you and your partner to burst. There are always exceptions.
- (If Night Fae) Dump Astral Power before Convoke, use Celestial Alignment with convoke unless you would be losing a usage. For a 5 minute fight, use Convoke the Spirits with Celestial Alignment on pull. Then use the next Convoke the Spirits off cooldown just when you are entering an eclipse. Then hold your Celestial Alignment until you have Convoke the Spirits again.
- Use Fury of Elune if in an eclipse and try to line it up with pulsar or (If Necrolord) use Adaptive Swarm.
- Try to stack Starlord as quickly as possible.
- Use Warrior of Elune off cooldown.
- Use Starfire to proc solar eclipse.
- Use Wrath to proc lunar eclipse.
Opener (Night Fae):
- With 4 seconds left on the pull timer, precast 2x Wrath to get into eclipse.
- Use 2x Starsurge
- DoT up the target with Moonfire, Sunfire and Stellar Flare (if single target).
- Use Celestial Alignment, Potion of Spectral Intellect and Convoke the Spirits (I recommend using a macro)
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Inscrutable Quantum Device (If you use a on use trinket)
/cast Potion of Spectral Intellect
/cast Convoke the Spirits(Night Fae)
- When Convoke the spirits ends, dump as many Starsurges into the target as possible (normally 2-3) is what I would recommend
/cast [nochanneling: Convoke the Spirits] Starsurge
This helps you not to cancel Convoke the Spirits when you are getting ready to Starsurge after.
- With 4 seconds left on the pull timer, precast 2x Wrath and 1x Starfire
- Use Moonfire and Sunfire and Stellar Flare (if single target)
- x3 Starfire so you get 90+ Astral Power
- Use all damage cooldowns + Potion of Spectral Intellect and dump 3 starsurges instantly into the target.
- Cast wraths until you can starsurge again and keep it going.
I would recommend a macro for cooldowns like this:
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Empower Bond
/cast Lone Empowerment
/cast "USE TRINKET HERE"
/cast Potion of spectral intellect
Make sure to always be in an eclipse and use the spell that benefits from that eclipse. Try not to throw away Astral Power at the end of an eclipse, this is more important when you play with Balance of All Things. Try to re-DoT when you’re in between eclipse’s. This will save time to do more damage when you're in your standard rotation, instead of spending globals in the middle of the eclipse.
The most important thing for your DPS is to plan your movement ahead. When you are running try to DoT the target/targets. And use the time while moving to do damage. Cancelling spells due to movement you weren't ready for is a larger DPS loss than the wrong rotation. Keep this in mind.
Starfall vs Starsurge
When you play AoE talents. You want to Starfall when there are 2 or more targets.
When you play Single target talents you want to Starfall on 3 or more targets.
Using Barkskin and Bear Form makes a Balance Druid really hard to die.