Playstyle & Rotation
- Cast Wrath on single target unless you are in Lunar Eclipse. Cast starfire in Lunar Eclipse. Use as many Starsurge as you can in the start of an eclipse.
- Keep DoTs up on your priority target at all times. Try to only refresh DoTs in movement or when your DoTs have less than 30% of their duration left.
- Try to stack Starlord as quickly as possible. Best to start getting the stacks when you enter the eclipse. /cancelaura [nochanneling: starsurge] Starlord is a macro that makes you cancel Starlord. (You wont play Starlord these days, but if you do)
- Use Warrior of Elune when you are in lunar eclipse or hold until add spawns. (If played)
- Use Starfire to proc solar eclipse.
- Use Wrath to proc lunar eclipse.
As Night Fae you basically just play similar to before, but you playing with Primordial Arcanic Pulsar. Try having 90-100 AP before using the starsurge that gets you into Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, so when you do have the buff you can spend AP while buffed. Look at the fight timers and try get your second convoke into the Legendary Incarnation: Chosen of Elune proc, then hold your Incarnation: Chosen of Elune spell until you have convoke the spirits again at around 4.20 minutes into the fight.
OPENER (NIGHT FAE):
- With 2 ish seconds left of pull timer you can cast Wrath until you get into lunar eclipse
- Apply Moonfire and Sunfire
- Use Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Intellect potion, Inscrutable Quantum Device or any other use trinket.
- Use Starsurge x2
- Use Convoke The Spirits.
- Use 2-3 Starsurges, then New Moon, Half Moon, 2 Starsurges then Full Moon. (You need to play a bit around with this. Just dont cap your Astral Power too much)
Rotation from here is pretty simple. You spend your AP inside Incarnation: Chosen of Elune and always try using your Full Moon inside Incarnation: Chosen of Elune. Make sure to save your [Primordial Arcanic Pulsar] proc for Convoke the Spirits. This will be every minute.
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Inscrutable Quantum Device (If you use a on use trinket)
/cast Potion of Spectral Intellect
/cast [nochanneling: Convoke the Spirits] Starsurge.
This helps you not to cancel Convoke the Spirits when you are getting ready to Starsurge after.
As Venthyr, you want to plan a bit ahead for the fights you play, as your most significant portion of damage comes 20 seconds after you use your cooldowns. Play as much haste (but never go more haste than mastery) as possible and never stop using abilities even though you need to run from the boss. You aim to casts Starsurge's at the beginning of your cooldowns just to not cap Astral Power, and then when you're reaching around 15 seconds + mark, you use Fury of Elune and be ready to pump Starsurge's.
- With 2 ish seconds left of pull timer you can cast wrath until you get into lunar eclipse.
- Apply Moonfire and Sunfire
- Use Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Ravenous Frenzy and start pumping Wrath.
- Use [Potion of Spectral Intellect] about 2-3 seconds after Ravenous Frenzy.
- Use Inscrutable Quantum Device at the same time as pot if Blood Lust or 5-6 seconds after Ravenous Frenzy if no Blood Lust
- Cast Wrath until nearly capped AP, then cast Starsurge. Keep this going for around 15 + seconds
- When you have around 10 seconds left of Ravenous Frenzy, use Berserking
- When you have 5 seconds left of Ravenous Frenzy on timer, use Fury of Elune.
Here is a weak aura i’ve made that helps you remember when to use the stuff im talking about above: https://wago.io/d6cI8fK36
Rotation is similar outside cooldowns as Night Fae Pulsar build.
Make sure to always be in an eclipse and use the spell that benefits from that eclipse. Try not to throw away Astral Power at the end of an eclipse. Try to re-DoT when you’re in between eclipse’s. This will save time to do more damage when you're in your standard rotation, instead of spending globals in the middle of the eclipse.
NOTE: when you have 2 set (tier piece), you will always want to go into Lunar Eclipse instead of Solar Eclipse.
The most important thing for your DPS is to plan your movement ahead. When you are running try to DoT the target/targets. And use the time while moving to do damage. Cancelling spells due to movement you weren't ready for is a larger DPS loss than the wrong rotation. Keep this in mind.
Starfall vs Starsurge
When you play AoE talents. You want to Starfall when there are 2 or more targets.
When you play Single target talents you want to Starfall on 3 or more targets.
Using Barkskin and Bear Form makes a Balance Druid really hard to die.