Playstyle & Rotation
- Keep DoTs up on your priority target at all times, including Stellar Flare. Try to only refresh DoTs in movement or when your DoTs have less than 30% of their duration left.
- Spend Astral Power using Starsurge on Single Target and Starfall on AoE/Spread Targets. If you play with Starweaver make sure to spend it first.
- (If specced) Try to always use your wild mushrooms in your Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, but don't overcap on charges. With Fungal Growth you can use Wild Mushrooms to keep waning twilight uptime high in AoE situations.
- (If talented) Use Fury of Elune pretty much on cooldown, try as much as you can to use it during Primordial Arcanic Pulsar proc or during your cooldowns. Always cast Fury of Elune first before going into pulsar or pressing your Incarnation: Chosen of Elune.
Single Target priority list:
- Keep up Moonfire, Sunfire and Stellar Flare and refresh within pandemic (30% of base duration) inside Eclipse and if they would expire otherwise outside Eclipse.
- Use Wrath to get into Lunar Eclipse. This also applies to before cooldowns if you have T29 4PC equipped.
- Use Celestial Alignment or Incarnation if talented.
- Use Starfall if you have 550 Astral Power or more towards Primordial Arcanic Pulsar and you are not in CA or Inc.
- Use Warrior of Elune if available.
- Use Convoke the Spirits when below 40 AP if you are inside a CA or Inc window, or if your next CA or Inc window is 30 or more seconds away.
- Use Fury of Elune if you will not overcap on AP.
- Use Starfall if you have a Starweaver's Warp proc.
- Use Starsurge if Starlord has less than 3 stacks and if talented you can optimally refresh your Rattle the Stars buff.
- Use New, Half and Full Moon if you will not overcap on AP.
- Use Starsurge if one of the following conditions are true:
- You would overcap AP with the next cast.
- You have a Starweaver's Weft proc.
- Solar or Lunar Eclipse will end in the next 4 seconds and you have above 70 AP.
- Use Wild Mushroom on cooldown.
- Use Wrath if you are in CA/ Inc.
- Use Starfire if you have an Umbral Embrace proc and you are in only Lunar Eclipse. You can do this via:
- Catch an Umbral Embrace proc naturally without canceling any spells currently being cast and/or
- Use Wrath
- Use Sunfire if the targets will live for 6 or more seconds and you will hit all targets with it. Otherwise wait with this until they are gathered.
- Use Moonfire if the target(s) will live for 6 or more seconds and you will not overcap on AP.
- Use Starfall if you would overcap Astral Power with your next cast.
- Use Wrath to enter Lunar Eclipse.
- Use Stellar Flare if you are about to use cooldowns, the target will live for at least 8s+1s per target that Starfire can hit and you will not overcap on AP. This basically means that you should apply some Flares before using cooldowns until you would cap AP or have to start moving, which is usually around 2-4 depending on how much AP you started with.
- Use Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune.
- Use Warrior of Elune if available.
- Use Wild Mushroom if you will not overcap on AP. If you are using Fungal Growth and Waning Twilight make sure to not use it if the debuff is up already.
- Use Fury of Elune or Full Moon if you will not overcap on AP.
- Use Starfall if one of the following conditions are true:
- You have a Starweaver's Warp proc.
- Starlord is below 3 stacks.
- Use Starsurge if you have a Starweaver's Weft proc and Starfire will hit less than 3 targets.
- Use Stellar Flare if the target will live for at least 8s+1s per target that Starfire can hit and you will not overcap on AP. Don’t use this above 11 targets -1 per talent in Umbral Intensity or Astral Smolder.
- Use Convoke the Spirits if Starfire would only hit 2 targets, otherwise only use Convoke for movement in AoE.
- Use New Moon and Half Moon if you will not overcap on AP.
- Use Starsurge if you have a Starweaver's Weft proc and Starfire will hit less than 17 targets.
- Use Wrath if Starfire will only hit one target during CA/ Inc.
- Use Starfire.
Maintain both your DoTs at 100% uptime on all targets at all costs. This is really important because of how the new mastery works and because of Waning Twilight. You want to keep up as much uptime on Waning Twilight as possible.
With Solstice and Balance of all Things, the start of your eclipses will be much higher burst damage than the end, so make sure you pool some astral power for the beginning of the eclipse, but never over-cap on it.
For single target and 2 targets, you should always enter a Solar Eclipse.
For 3+ targets you want to enter a Lunar Eclipse.
A min-max that you can do is cancelaura Starlord when the duration is low, and you are about to spend astral power. For example, if you have 80 astral power and your previous Starlord has 3s duration left.
It is more damage to use Starfall on 2+ targets. Starsurge only on single target, or if a priority mob needs to be bursted down.