Playstyle & Rotation
On Death Knight, like many other tanks you have a priority list you need to keep up with.
- Marrowrend if your Bone Shield is on 7 stacks or less, or is about to expire.
- Use Blood Boil if you have 2 charges or are about to.
- Use Death Strike if you’re about to overcap on Runic Power.
- Use Heart Strike as your filler to spend runes and generate Runic Power.
- Blooddrinker (If talented)
- Dancing Rune Weapon
- Marrowrend to build stacks of Bone Shield
- Blood Boil to apply Blood Plague
On big pulls in dungeons or such, you’ll only use Marrowrend to keep up your Bone Shield stacks, and Death Strikes to heal up lost health. Outside of that you do more damage with Blood Boil and Heart Strike.
Blood Death Knights benefit greatly by knowing the fight and boss mechanics. You take larger hits than most other tanks, healing it up again and having a lot of cooldowns to help deal with the bigger hits. Because of this you need to know when to use them to be effective.
Never Blood Boil twice in a row, always try and weave another ability in between your Blood Boil usages.