Hey Guys! My name is Matteo. I’ve been raiding in the top 20 scene since Sanctum of Domination and recently joined Method as a multiclass range DPS. I started playing Evoker in the beta of Dragonflight and picked up Augmentation as soon as it was available on PTR.
Augmentation is a DPS spec with a twist! Your main focus is on buffing allies in the most efficient way. Buffing the right allies at the correct moment is the bread and butter of the spec and the damage you deal is highly affected by knowing who's going to blast on that dps meter for the next segment of the fight.
By providing tons of utility with knockbacks, dispels, shields, damage reductions or even rescuing your friends into a good position, augmentation is a great fit for numerous encounters and always has options to excel in raid and mythic+ scenarios. No matter what the content requires, you have it to solve the situation!
What has changed
Patch 10.2.5 Augmentation Evoker Changes
Patch 10.2.5 hasn't brought any significant changes for the spec so far.
Patch 10.2 Augmentation Evoker Changes
With Patch 10.2 there are plenty of changes coming to Augmentation Evoker, both tuning and gameplay wise. In terms of quality of life patch 10.2 is a massive upgrade to the spec, especially when looking at the new priorities of target selection from Ebon Might and Prescience getting a second charge. Below you can have a look at the new tier set and notable changes to Augmentation Evoker.
- Aspects’ Favor increases maximum health by 2/4% (was 3/6%).
- Molten Blood absorption reduced by 50%. This remains unchanged in PvP combat.
- Ebon Might grants 8% of the Evoker’s primary stat (was 10%).
- Prescience now clears on raid encounter and Mythic+ start.
- Prescience now has 2 charges.
- If 2 Ebon Might are already active on an ally, Ebon Might will now seek a nearby ally with fewer than 2 Ebon Mights.
- Ebon Might priority to apply to other Augmentation Evokers has been reduced and will apply to other damage dealing roles first.
- If 2 Prescience are already active on an ally, Prescience will no longer be able to be applied to that ally.
- When casting Prescience with an enemy selected, its priority to apply to other Augmentation Evokers has been reduced and will apply to other damage dealing roles first.
- Shifting Sands (Buff from Mastery: Timewalker) now prefers to apply to an ally who does not already have Shifting Sands.
- Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope Set Bonus (4) Set Bonus: Trembling Earth now allows buff stacks to overlap.