Example Mythic+ Class Tree
Example Raid Class Tree
For the class tree in 10.2 there’s a lot of new additions, mainly for utility, but the big changes are in regards to the accessibility of Shadow Dance, which is very strong now.
- Airborne Irritant + Blackjack. This is a really cool combo which gives rogue access to an AoE crowd control. In raids this has niche usages, but I only included it into the base mythic+ tree where it would be auto-picked constantly. If you need the AoE crowd control in raids, you can drop other utility talents as you see fitting, or use the mythic+ class tree for inspiration
- Numbing poison vs Atrophic poison. This is a similar decision to Airborne Irritant + Blackjack. Atrophic poison is much better suited to Raids where you can reduce damage dealt to the entire Raid slightly. In dungeons, this can have niche usages as well in higher keystone levels, but I recommend numbing poison instead for the raw tank mitigation. The attack speed slow is highly potent in AoE pulls
- Subterfuge. This might seem weird at first, but unlike previous patches where Subterfuge was a negligible DPS gain, it is larger in 10.2 due to Nightstalker and provides a small gain that you will most likely want.
- Improved Ambush vs Tight Spender. This choice node is fairly straight forward. If you’re in more single target situations where Ambush is being cast repeatedly (through Shadow Dance and Blindside), you would want Improved Ambush. In AoE you would want Tight Spender.
- Deadly Precision vs Virulent Poisons. Virulent Poisons seems good on first glance since we are “the poison spec”, but our crit interactions are simply too important. Do not use Virulent Poisons
Dance (Single Target Raid)
No Dance (Single Target Raid)
This build is similar to the above Dance build. It does perform worse, but should be mechanically less challenging and prove to be an easier entry point into the spec if you’re new or simply trying to remove some of the complexities.
This is our best build in Mythic+ and utilizes a lot of talents together to form a cohesive group of utility and damage for all situations. It doesn’t sacrifice a lot of single target damage for AoE, but it also does not particularly excel at anything.
Arterial Shock (Mythic+)