An interface is extremely personal, but I highly recommend the addons below:
- Raid Frames addon (Grid2, Vuhdo…) - Raid frames you can configure the way you want to show anything you need (different buffs/HoTs/CDs, every debuff for each encounter, at specific spots)
- Boss Mod (BigWigs, DBM…) - Boss ability timers
- Method Raid Tools - Displays timings for externals and other healers CDs, BRez timer, combat timer, in-game note, and a lot of other cool features
- WeakAuras - Gives you extreme customization over your UI and makes information much easier to display.
Spell Mouseover Macro
All abilities can be used as a mouseover macro. The example below is a Rejuvenation mouseover macro. If you replace "Rejuvenation" with any ability name, it will cast the ability you have typed on the target your mouse is currently over.
/cast [@mouseover,exists] Rejuvenation
Since Dragonflight, the standard UI enables mouseover via an easy-to-access option. You can opt-in or make your own macros if you prefer to customize them more.
Another example is a Rejuvenation mouseover macro, which will prio your mouseover, then your target (if friendly), and yourself (if you’re not targeting any friendly unit).
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Rejuvenation
Cast at Cursor Macro
You can also use a macro to cast an AoE-targeted ability directly at your cursor’s position without clicking its position. Here is an example with Efflorescence:
/cast [@cursor] Efflorescence
Skull Bash Macro
Another helpful macro can be made for Skull Bash, since the ability requires you to be either in Cat Form or Bear Form, but it won’t morph you by just pressing it.
#showtooltip Skull Bash
/cast [nostance:1/2] Cat Form
/cast Skull Bash
WeakAuras are very flexible and helpful, providing you with any information you want to have.
If you’re not into creating them yourself (even though you should check how they are done each time since basic WeakAuras are very easy to do and will help you greatly in the future), you can quickly grab some of your choosing on Wago.
Some good WeakAuras ideas for Restoration Druid would be:
- Cooldown tracker, to quickly check all your cooldown-abilities as Swiftmend, Tranquility, etc.,
- Efflorescence & Lifebloom tracker, to never let them fade,
- An Innervate tracker for you, with the duration,
- An Abundance tracker - showing the stacks.