Playstyle & Rotation
Enhancement has a few things to look out for: buffs and debuffs, resource tracking and procs to react to. Overall it's a pretty simple gameplay style to pick up, but will require a lot of attention to master. Here I will be going over the normal rotation cooldowns and tips/tricks. To make the page look cleaner I will be posting a shorter priority system without cooldowns and talents we currently do not take.
SINGLE TARGET ROTATION / PRIORITY LIST
- 1: Maintain Landslide if talented
- 2: Maintain Fury of Air if talented, don't let it drop
- 3: Lightning Bolt if Overcharge is talented and you are at 40+ maelstrom
- 4: Windsong if talented. Consider delaying for priority target
- 5: Hot Hand if talented
- 6: Maintain Flametongue
- 7: Maintain Frostbrand if Hailstorm is talented
- 7: Stormstrike
- 8: Boulderfist if 2 charges and - 130 Maelstrom
- 9: Lava Lash (with 4p)
- 10: Rockbiter
- 11: Refresh Flametongue if less then 4.5 seconds left
- 12: Lava Lash without 4p
- 13: Flametongue if everything else is on cooldown
CLEAVE ROTATION/PRIORITY LIST
Enhancement cleave is very single target focused. Our traits Gathering Storms, Raging Storms and now Lashing Flames let us gain big single target dps from cleave. This is why Emalon's Charged Core is very strong.
- 1: Maintain Emalon's Charged Core (3+ targets)
- 2: Maintain Landslide/Boulderfirst if either is talented
- 3: Maintain Fury of Air if talented
- 4: Crash Lightning to maintain buff (2+ Targets)
- 5: Hot Hand if talented
- 6: Stormstrike after getting a Stormbringer, use the first proc since it's empowered by Raging Storms
- 7: Maintain Flametongue
- 8: Stormstrike
- 9: Rockbiter if 2 charges and - 120 Maelstrom
- 10: Crash Lightning if 3+ targets
- 11: Lava Lash
- 12: Rockbiter
It's important you understand the two main Enhancement cooldowns to make sure you can maximize your dmg with them.
- Alpha Wolf is a single target increase, make sure this is 100% active during your Feral Spirit. I simply use a weakaura to track. To activate just Crash Lightning after you summon them, then Crash again when it seems fitting. Delaying wolves for aoe/cleave moments is very worthwhile.
- Make sure you line Feral Spirit up with Bloodlust if possible! The wolves benefit from haste.
- Make sure you use this right AFTER you proc a Stormbringer. The trait Wind Strikes will give you a lot of attack speed, making Doom Winds do insane dmg.
- Even without the attack speed from Wind Strikes it's still a strong spell. Make sure you delay this ability to kill high priority targets, for example empowered Eye of Gul'dan.
- Line up with trinket procs/Bloodlust for max dmg output.
- 1: Rockbitter
- 2: Fury of Air if talented
- 3: Feral Spirit
- 4: Crash Lightning
- 5: Windsong if talented
- 6: Lightning Bolt if Overcharge is talented
- 7: Flametongue
- 8: Doom Winds when you get a Stormbringer proc
- 9: Continue priority system. Remind yourself to reuse Crash Lightning one more time during wolves!
Overall Enhancement is quite vulnerable. We only have Astral Shift and no passive dmg reduction alongside that. This makes it very hard to live trough certain mechanics like hellfire on Gul'dan. However, on sustained dmg taken we are very strong. Our self healing is strong and we are able to stay alive. Don't be afraid to use Healing Surge!