Playstyle & Rotation
Playstyle and Rotation:
- Maintain Agony, Corruption & Siphon Life.
- Haunt on cooldown
- Phantom Singularity/Vile Taint on cooldown if talented
- Unstable Affliction if you are about to overcap
- Unstable Affliction if it's not on the target
- Unstable Affliction once before Deathbolt
- Deathbolt on cooldown
- Shadow Bolt or Drain Soul if talented
- Precast Haunt if talented otherwise Shadow Bolt
- Siphon Life if talented
- Phantom Singularity
- Dark Soul: Misery
- Unstable Affliction until you're out of Soul Shards
- Summon Darkglare
- Normal Priority
- Maintain Agony up to 8 targets.
- Maintain Corruption on all targets. Seed of Corruption if there is more than 2 targets.
- Maintain Siphon Life up to 4 targets. If there is that many targets to dot up you should be playing Absolute Corruption or Writhe in Agony probably.
- Maintain Unstable Affliction on as many targets as you can for the 10% damage increase.
Cooldown management is heavily dependent on the fight length. For optimal DPS it is recommended having a Weak Aura telling you how long the fight approximately is gonna last. You want to use Summon Darkglare as often as possible with Dark Soul: Misery without losing an use. I make two examples to explain:
7 minute fight:
Pull: Dark Soul: Misery, Berserking & Summon Darkglare
2 minutes: Dark Soul: Misery
3 minutes: Berserking & Summon Darkglare
4 minutes: Dark Soul: Misery
6 minutes: Dark Soul: Misery, Berserking & Summon Darkglare
Unstable Affliction Usage:
You should aim for a 100% uptime on Unstable Affliction throughout the entire fight. Every extra Soul Shard should be saved for dumping Unstable Afflictions before Summon Darkglare or Deathbolts. Make sure to dump all your Unstable Afflictions before the fight ends.
Usually it's more worth to dot all targets instead of spamming Seed of Corruption. You only use it to apply Corruption on every target. You need around 7-8 targets that Seed of Corruption becomes better. However if the targets don't live long enough for your dots, it's more worth to use Seed of Corruption. If you play Sow the Seeds you can already use Seed of Corruption on 3-4 targets.
Pandemic is a mechanic that allows you to refresh dots when they have less than 30% of their duration remaining and adds the new dots duration onto the old one.
Imp: Good choice for target swapping and 5% stamina buff of Blood Pact.
Felhunter: Perfect choice for Mythic+ dungeons for the interrupt and offensive dispel (Devour Magic).
Voidwalker: Does AoE damage which makes it really strong in dungeons if there is no interrupt required.
Succubus: Basically pointless in PvE.
A lot of movement can also be already planned ahead with a clever use of your Demonic Circle or Demonic Gateway. On a fight like Fetid Devourer with a knockback you can completely mitigate the mechanic with either of the abilities. If you press your Demonic Gateway in the perfect moment you will not get knocked.
In Battle for Azeroth we lost quite a lot of self healing so that you have to care more about your health points. For big hits you should always activate Unending Resolve. It's also important to mention that Healthstone and Coastal Healing Potion is not sharing cooldown anymore.