Recommended Offensive Raiding Build
- Double Time
- Booming Voice or Best served Cold
- Bounding Stride
- Into the Fray or Ravager
- Anger Management
Recommended Defensive Raiding Build
Recommended Mythic+ Build
- Double Time or Rumbling Earth or Storm Bolt
- Best Served Cold or Booming Voice
- Crackling Thunder
- Anger Management
Boss specific recommendations and strategy:Raid Bosses
Tier 1 (15)
- War Machine causes your auto attacks to generate an additional 50% rage and grants you movement speed and 10 rage when an enemy you’re in combat with dies.
- Punish causes your shield slams to deal 20% more damage and apply a stackable debuff to the target for 9 seconds which reduces the damage they deal to you by 3%.
- Devastator replaces the ability Devastate. It makes the ability passive by turning your auto attacks into the ability which grants your auto attacks a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Shield Slam.
War Machine only really comes down to generating an additional 1 rage per auto attack, the main benefit coming from the 10 per enemy death. It is not competitive compared to the other options so it is not recommended you take it.
Punish loses too much rage generation to be realistically usable in the current patch.
Tier 2 (25)
- Double time gives your Charge an additional charge as well as reducing its cooldown by 3 seconds.
- Rumbling Earth reduces Shockwave’s cooldown by 15 seconds as long as it hits 3 or more targets.
- Storm Bolt is a single target ranged stun. The stun amount is 4 seconds, has a 20 yard range and is on a 30 second cooldown.
All the talents on this row are situationally viable.
Your default should be Double Time if there is no need for the extra stuns as the increased mobility and rage generation will grant you the most value on this row. In mythic+ if you find you do need an extra stun then Storm Bolt is preferable to Rumbling Earth.
Tier 3 (30)
- Best Served Cold increases the damage of Revenge by 20% as well as increasing it by 50% when you are able to cast it for 0 rage.
- Booming Voice causes Demoralizing Shout to generate 40 rage and also increases the damage you deal to targets affected by it by 20%.
- Dragon Roar lets out an AoE burst of damage around you, generating 20 rage and critically strikes 3 times more than the normal amount. It has a 30 second cooldown.
Best Served Cold is the largest DPS increase in AoE situations with low damage taken, and has a lot of synergy with the free Revenge casts generated by Reprisal, however you have to sacrifice some defence for it as you will be spending some rage on Revenge that could be used for Ignore Pain or Shield Block.
Booming Voice is the best all rounder, providing the best rage generation on this row as well as increasing our dps by a significant amount.
As good as Dragon Roar sounds, it is usually out classed by the other 2 in both defensive and offensive situations. The only benefit of Dragon Roar is it can be nice to generate snap threat, however warrior has other, better tools to use for this purpose, and so one of the other 2 talents is almost always a better pick.
Tier 4 (35)
- Crackling Thunder increases the radius of Thunder clap by 50%. Additionally it also increases the slow amount by 10%.
- Bounding Stride reduces the cooldown of Heroic leap by 15 seconds as well as increasing your movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds when you land.
- Menace causes Intimidating Shout to knock back nearby enemies apart from your primary target and fears them on the spot for 15 seconds.
Menace doesn’t really have any viable use cases, you could argue that it has some niche moments in M+ but more often than not the increased radius and slow from Crackling Thunder will be more effective.
Bounding Stride should always be your default talent during a raid.
Tier 5 (40)
- Never Surrender increases the size of your Ignore Pain casts by 40% - 100% based on missing HP.
- Indomitable increases your maximum health by 10% and heals you for 1% of your HP for every 10 rage you spend.
- Impending Victory replaces Victory Rush. The ability costs 10 rage and heals you for 30% of your maximum HP. Unlike victory rush you can use it at any moment but it does have a 30 second cooldown.
The only viable option on this row is Indomitable as it increases your maximum HP by 10% as a baseline and provides a decent amount of passive healing.
The other two talents don’t really have any logical use in any content at this moment in time.
Tier 6 (45)
- Into the Fray grants you 2% haste for each unit around you in a 10 yard radius (both enemy and allies alike). This stacks up 5 times to a maximum of 10% increases haste.
- Unstoppable Force increases the damage of Thunder Clap by 30% and reduces its cooldown by 50% while Avatar is active.
- Ravager throws down an AoE zone at a targeted location where it will deal damage for 12 seconds. The zone moves and follows enemies with a target cap of 8. Each time it deals damage it will grant you 10 rage.
Into the Fray, although the most boring, is the best rounded pick on this row, being strong for both ST and AoE situations as there will rarely be a moment you’re not getting the full 10% haste from the talent.
Tier 7 (50)
- Anger Management causes every 10 rage you spend to reduce the remaining cooldown of Avatar and Shield Wall by 1 second.
- Heavy Repercussions causes Shield Slam to extend the duration of an active Shield Block by 1 second. Shield Slam also generates an additional 3 rage.
- Bolster reduces Last Stand’s cooldown from 3 minutes to 2 minutes. Additionally, it grants you Shield Block for the entire 15 second duration.
Anger Management has benefited greatly from the set bonus, which turns Avatar into a very potent offensive and defensive cooldown. Anger Management then allows us to reduce Avatar all the way down from 2 minutes to around a 30-40s cooldown.
Anger Management should be your default pick in all scenarios as the damage, rage generation, and defensive strength of Avatar cannot be understated. The lower cooldown on Shield Wall is always nice too.