Event & Project Manager
The Project & Event Manager role will focus on Method’s rapidly growing events vertical. Method has successfully organized two of the biggest events on the Twitch calendar; Race to World First: Uldir in September 2018 (9.5m hours watched, 6m unique viewers) and the Race to World First: Battle of Dazar'alor in February 2019 (10.5m hours watched, 6.5m unique viewers). Method is looking to host a total of 8 unique events in 2019 across World of Warcraft and other games. The Event & Project Manager will manage Method’s events and ensure their continuous success.
As Event & Project Manager, you will join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion yet and will thrive in a small/medium sized business start-up culture.
This position will be primarily remote but will involve travelling and being on-site for Method events. The events are currently being held around the London area. The Event & Project Manager will report to the Method owners & GM.
- Oversee the successful execution of Method events from start to finish.
- Building and responsibly manage detailed project and event plans, budgets and status updates across internal Method team and external partners.
- Ensure smooth working efficiency between all event stakeholders, namely external partners supporting the events, broadcast and production teams, and the internal Method teams.
- Define KPI’s and clear objectives with the wider Method team and measure against those objectives in terms of overall event performance, media engagement, and community impact.
- Represent Method with a high level of integrity and knowledge and act as the primary resource internally and in most cases on-site for our partners and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Method content team to incorporate Method talent and content objectives into the events.
- Assist with travel, lodging, catering and any other event related arrangements.
- 2+ years experience in event or project management within esports, sports, or entertainment industry working with various departments and stakeholders.
- Great organisational skills with a proven track record of creating, managing, and improving processes.
- Great communication skills with ability to keep internal and external teams up-to-date with ongoing event developments.
- Problem solver mindset with clever and creative ideas, with the initiative to overcome any plan changes or event blockers.
- A high sense of responsibility and accountability for the events and projects you are working on.
- Passionate about games and esports.
- Knowledgeable about World of Warcraft, raiding in particular.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Familiar with Twitch culture, a good understanding of the Twitch communities and Twitch chat.
- Based in the UK and close to London.
- The opportunity to join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion and be part of the team that will create a long story of success.
- To work for one of the most watched esports teams in the western hemisphere in a rapidly growing industry. Method has experienced a growth rate of over 300% y-o-y, a trend we are projecting to continue.
- Competitive compensation plan and opportunities for growth.
- Paid for travel to esports and video game events around the globe.
Getting our start as a World of Warcraft guild, Method is now a global, world championship winning esports organization. Founded in 2005 by Scott ‘Sco’ McMillan and based in the UK, Method consists of 10 teams featuring over 75 world class players.
More than an esports organization, content creation is Method’s core foundation. Besides housing one of the largest live stream teams in esports, Method is the host of original events such as the Method Majors and the Race to World First: Uldir in September 2018 and the Race to World First: Dazar'alor in February 2019.
The Method brand can be encapsulated by the word “progress”, it is illustrated via the upwards trend in our logo. Our mission is to progress esports, our players, our fans and our partners through the offering of unique content, and experiences.