If you haven’t heard, the MDI Global Finals begins June 22nd, 2018 9:00 am PDT.
Method Pogchamp & Method NA members receive praise for their worldwide accomplishments. With the finals beginning today let’s recap on both team’s journey starting from the Time Trials to getting through the obstacles of Regionals.
No.1 M+ Mage in the current season
No.2 M+ Druid in Current Season
No.1 M+ Rogue season 1 and 3, No.2 M+ rogue Season 4
No.2 M+ DK during season 4
No.1 m+ overall player in the current season, top 3 m+ Warlock S3
For the MDI Time Trial, teams were evaluated based on their combined best times of three preset Keystones on Blizzard’s tournament realm. Method PogChamp’s Time Trials were:
+20 Maw of Souls with Bursting, Quaking, and Fortified | 7:45.13
+22 Return to Karazhan: Upper with Raging, Explosive, and Tyrannical | 13:53.68
+24 Neltharion’s Lair with Sanguine, Grievous, and Fortified | 18:00.66
Entering the Europe Group Stage along with their team mate, Method EU was sent immediately to the Lower Bracket. Yet, both Method teams controlled the Upper & Lower Brackets against the top teams in region.
Method PogChamp guaranteed their spot into the Global Finals with a two out of three wins in the semi-finals. This sent Kjell’s Angels to the Lower Bracket to face Method EU. The winner of this round would secure their spot as the second team to represent Europe in the Global Stage. With a tense two out of three wins, Kjell’s Angels defeated Method EU. Method PogChamp and Kjell’s Angels represent Europe for the Global Finals.
Method NA consist of Jdotb, Darkee, Marvin, Mittbitt, and Eman, alongside Shakib, who has been acting as a coach due to being ineligible to play this season as a resident of Quebec. They have achieved World Firsts in multiple Mythic Dungeons and participated in last year’s MDI. These veterans will bring on the pressure heading into the Global Finals.
For the Time Trials:
+20 Maw of Souls with Bursting, Quaking, and Fortified | 7:45.75
+22 Return to Karazhan: Upper with Raging, Explosive, and Tyrannical | 14:31.99
+24 Neltharion’s Lair with Sanguine, Grievous, and Fortified | 17:45.11
Method NA’s presence in the Americas Group Stage is best described as absolute domination. They conquered the Upper Bracket and finished on top, even though arguments arose in Round 2 against Limit. A “remake” was decided by Blizzard for a bug during Method NA’s fight with Maiden of Virtue. This was immediately controversial because Blizzard’s decision was significantly delayed. Also, others in the community claiming it wasn’t a bug and a remake shouldn’t have been required.
Overall, Blizzard’s verdict had both teams restart the stage and Method NA going onto the next round. Limit loses in the Lower Bracket against Team Omegasniped. Both Method NA and Team Omegasniped will be representing the Americas in the Global Stage.
Now our Method teams will be heading to the first ever Mythic Dungeon Invitational LAN event going against the top two teams from each of the four regions: Europe, Americas, China, and Asia-Pacific. The finalist will be traveling to the MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio to battle it out to see who will become this year’s MDI Champions. Here is what to expect:
- Keystone levels are going even higher. Competitors will take on +23, +24, and +25 as the bracket progresses.
- All three Affixes are locked in per map.
- Maps have been shuffled between the map pools.
- To keep things interesting, we’ve shuffled some of your favorite affixes to keep competitors on their toes.
- We’ve reintroduced Skittish and added some additional variety overall.
The MDI also revisited some of our policies regarding how we handle potential in-game bugs and issues.
- With the event occurring via LAN with players on-site, verifiable technical issues such as hardware failures or internet instability may result in a remake, depending on the impact and severity of the issue.
- If an in-game bug or issue occurs that prevents a player from being able to continue play due to game physics, such as getting stuck in terrain, a remake will be called.
- Issues that will not lead to a restart include: creatures evading or resetting, hitting the wrong target with spells or melee attacks, or buffs/debuffs being applied incorrectly.
Best of luck to Method PogChamp and Method NA!
The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Global Finals begins June 22nd, 2018 at 9:00am PDT and can be watched on https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft.
To stay up to date on all the Method teams, don't forget to follow us on Twitter.