HR & Operations Director
Method is looking for an experienced and driven HR & Operations Director. You will work directly with Method's ownership on shaping the organization's human resource infrastructure by planning, implementing and managing human resource programs and by directing our staff. The ideal candidate is an engaging leader and strategic thinker with work experience in an international organization.
As HR & Operations Director you will join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion yet and will thrive in a small/medium sized business start-up culture.
This position will be primarily remote but involves travelling to industry events on occasion. The HR & Operations Director role will report directly to the Method owners.
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching Human Resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, and employee relations and retention.
- Direct Human Resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Support management by providing Human Resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Experience in Human Resource Management with an international company.
- BA/BS in Human Resources or a related field.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Experience in scaling a business.
- Experience in esports, sports or entertainment industry.
- Experience in supervising or leading a Human Resource team.
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and policies/legislation in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Passionate about video games and esports.
- SHRM certification
- The opportunity to join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion and be part of the team that will create a long story of success.
- To work for one of the most watched esports teams in the western hemisphere in a rapidly growing industry. Method has experienced a growth rate of over 300% y-o-y, a trend we are projecting to continue.
- Competitive compensation plan and opportunities for growth.
- Paid for travel to esports and video game events around the globe.
- A full time position with flexible working hours.
Getting our start as a World of Warcraft guild, Method is now a global, world championship winning esports organization. Founded in 2005 by Scott ‘Sco’ McMillan and based in the UK, Method consists of 10 teams featuring over 75 world class players.
More than an esports organization, content creation is Method’s core foundation. Besides housing one of the largest live stream teams in esports, Method is the host of original events such as the Method Majors and the Race to World First: Uldir in September 2018 and the Race to World First: Dazar'alor in February 2019.
The Method brand can be encapsulated by the word “progress”, it is illustrated via the upwards trend in our logo. Our mission is to progress esports, our players, our fans and our partners through the offering of unique content, and experiences.