Battle of Dazar'alor
Champion of the LightSingle Target
Grong, the Jungle LordSingle Target
Before the first adds spawn, make sure you have 5+ combo points available before stepping to the add and dotting it. Once dotted, do a cycle of your Dance on the add before turning to dot the second add as well, then use your Shadowstep back to boss. If you don't have Shadow Dance during adds, use Shuriken Storm to build Combo points.
Make sure to dot up the adds when they spawn if you aren’t already using your Shadow Dance.
OpulenceSingle Target / AoE
Opulence is a fight where you can make use of your Shuriken Tornado in Phase 2, but if you’re having troubles in Phase 1, you might want to go with a more standard build that focuses primarily on single target.
In Phase 1, make sure to dot up the mob if you are getting teleported and utilise your 2 Shadowstep uses for optimal uptime on the bosses.
Conclave of the ChosenSingle Target
Conclave is mostly a single target fight where you’ll be nuking of the bosses, swapping to the raptor adds (Gonk's Wrath) when they spawn.
This is a fight where you can make use of Marked for Death for extra Raptor damage if you’re struggling with that. Ideally, you want to have a few combo points left before they spawn and to be close to a spawn point as to not waste a charge of your Shadowstep, saving it for the later adds.
King RastakhanSingle Target / Cleave
In Phase 1, when the adds are up you want to be using your Shuriken Storm to gain Combo Points while making sure your main target has Find Weakness up. When the adds die, save combo points and a charge of Shadow Dance for when the zombie dust totem spawns to nuke it down.
If you are assigned to go downstairs (into the Death Realm), make sure to have your on-use trinket available for when you lust.
High Tinker MekkatorqueSingle Target
Mekkatorque is a fully single target fight that doesn’t have too many DPS tips to speak of.
In the case that you get a bomb (Gigavolt Charge) on you, refresh your Nightblade on the boss before moving out, and try to Shadowstep onto a friendly target to close the gap faster. On Mythic difficulty use your Cloak of Shadows to drop the Gigavolt Radiation Zone on top of another one if there’s no room left.
Stormwall BlockadeSingle Target
In Phase 1, make sure to use your front loaded damage that sub is full off to DPS down the siren after seeing the person that it’s on. Symbols of Death & Shadow Dance should help a lot for dpsing them down quickly, saving the rest of your group from dropping all their damage on them.
In Phase 2, use your Shuriken Storm whenever possible to gain cooldown reduction for your Shadow Dance when it’s not active. The boss has a large hitbox that can be used to DPS from a long distance while still being able to stay in Shuriken Storm range of the energized storm adds and/or Sirens (Mythic Difficulty). If your group has issues with killing Sirens, you can sacrifice your boss and overall damage to save cooldowns for them.
Lady Jaina ProudmooreSingle Target
- You want to be using your Shadowstep charges to get away from Frost Nova.
- If you get Avalanche on you, move out to the side of the melee and keep on dpsing the boss with Cloak of Shadows up.
- In the case that the boss is close to a burning ballista, using your Shuriken Storm to get extra combo points while not in Shadow Dance.
- Keep on dpsing the boss as normal and dot up the Ordnance barrel in the case that you might be needing damage on them.
- Save up your Shadow Dance charges and Symbols of Death to DPS down the wall as the boss reaches 30%.
- Simply continue dpsing the boss while interrupting the elemental in the case that you’re assigned.
- In the off chance that the mob is in frost, use your cloak of shadows to get in there and kick the mob when its casting.