The Eternal Palace
Abyssal Commander SivaraSingle Target
Pure single target fight
Blackwater BehemothSingle Target
Single Target fight with a few low health adds.
Make sure to have the Pufferfish buff (bioluminescence) up at all times, spread out and blast the boss.
Radiance of AzsharaSingle Target
Single target fight with few adds in intermission
Leap of Faith people that get knocked by a tornado and help with dispels if healers are under pressure.
Stick with the group, nuke boss, during the intermission stun/interrupt/kill adds, rinse and repeat.
Lady AshvaneSingle Target
3 shield strategy
2 shield strategy
If your guild is using a 2 shield strategy simply do not use Memory of the Lucid Dreams and Shadowfiend on first void form but save it for second void form, it’s gonna line up perfectly with bloodlust on 1st shield break.
I would recommend using the 2 shield strategy, it’s much quicker, cleaner and easier.
Overall there isn't much to this fight, it's pretty much a DPS/HPS check. Soak if assigned, break corals in Phase 2, survive and nuke boss.
This is a Heavy Cleave Fight.
Help friends that are about to die with power word: shield, use vampiric embrace during periods of heavy damage (either when adds are up or dying) and Leap of Faith friends that are either slower than you or if anyone gets knocked by an orb a quick grip can save them.
Stack up, nuke the boss, dot up all the adds and keep the dots up whilst nuking boss. Remember to spread if you’re about to get hit by Arcing Current.
Queen's Court2 Target Fight
2 target cleave with occasional extra adds.
Dot up both bosses, make sure to focus 1 boss down to 35% first for 100% twist of fate uptime. Once sparks spawn make sure you dot up 2 sparks, yes 2, not all 3. You don’t want the third one prematurely exploding and wiping the raid. You can and should put either shadow word: pain or vampiric touch (not both) on the third spark once it reaches 35%, for that sweet sweet twist of fate uptime.
Use CDs as they come up.
Do as much damage as possible and be mindful of your health and damage that is about to happen as there is a lot of AoE in this fight that it is all very predictable so just be wary of the timers and your own health as 300k damage overlaps are pretty common.
This is a Heavy Cleave Fight.
Run 2 of your best DPS trinkets, however do consider Cyclotronic Burst since it’s very good for killing high priority targets and for periods of increased damage on boss.
Start the fight with pre-combat voidform, use first memory of lucid dreams on 5 stacks of void form and DO NOT use shadowfiend. We do this to line up our second use of lucid dreams and our first shadowfiend with the first Maddening Eruption + Bloodlust overlap. Use cooldowns as they come up after that (unless you are going into Delirium Realm).
If you are assigned to the delirium realm for the first Psychotic split you should save your lucid dreams and vampiric embrace. You want to enter delirium realm at about 50-60ish seconds before Psychotic Split, with a fresh voidform and you want to extend that voidform for as long as possible with lucid dreams when needed. Once there are about 5 seconds left on Psychotic Split you want to drop that voidform and instantly re-enter a new one for a massive amount of Chorus of Insanity and Lingering Insanity stacks. Once the split is dead you want to leave and pop dispersion, call for off-heals and externals as the dot you will have on you will do massive amounts of damage, you can also re-dot all the adds just before leaving for massive vampiric touch healing. Your actual focus in the delirium realm is adds, just dot them all up and stand next to the boss, to bring all the adds in, don’t forget to fade if any of the adds actually do reach you. I do not recommend sending a shadow priest into the second or third delirium realms if you go with a skipping the summoners strategy, as you need small adds to outlast the dot.
Queen AzsharaMulti Target
There is a massive amount of movement and Line of Sight issues in this fight so make sure to plan ahead, be ready for everything or you will die often as a shadow priest as we don’t have any get out of jail free cards in terms of either mobility or immunity.
Consider cyclotronic blast for bursting priority targets.
Time your fresh Void form windows for Overzealous Hulk spawns to nuke them down as fast as possible.
Leap of Faith is very good on this fight as it can save people from guaranteed death.
Death denied is also an especially useful minor trait for this fight.
Due to the raid having reduced health constantly Power Word: Shield is a very good spell on this fight, use it and use it a lot, you can save a lot of people.
Have 30 insanity before the fight starts, as soon as the boss is engaged and your void form drains to 25, shield 3 people and pre pot, just before the bosses become active cast shadow crash and instantly enter void form. Use Shadowfiend on 10-12 stacks on the opener, you want it to line up with Azshara nuke in phase 2. Save your Cyclotronic Burst for the second hulk, if you played properly your second void form will end just before the second hulk spawns, dot him up, nuke him down and use your trinket on him.
During the first intermission follow what your decrees have ordered, there is nothing to attack so make sure to help people survive, shield and heal as necessary. As the intermission is ending make sure you have at least 50 insanity.
Once Azshara is active you instantly want to put both dots on her whilst she is immune to damage and then enter void form, simply continue with your normal “opener” rotation. Use lucid dreams at 25, delaying it is pointless as your next use lines up perfectly if you use it at 25. Save your second shadow crash and pop shadowfiend as soon as it’s ready. At about 30-35 stacks adds will spawn, as soon as they’re stacked up you will want to shadow crash and mind sear them, since there is so many of them mind sear is going to keep your insanity topped off, hence there being no point delaying Memory of Lucid Dreams. Use your cyclotronic burst when it’s ready, if you’ve done everything right it’s going to be with 100% crit chance. I use vampiric embrace as soon as Azshara reaches 70.5%.
During the second intermission, do the same as the first one except now you can actually hit Azshara, use this to your advantage and build up insanity.
Once the third phase begins, make sure you have FRESH dots on Azshara. After about 5 seconds a Myrmidon will spawn, dot him up. Then roughly 4 seconds after that Lady can be attacked, instantly swap to her and nuke her down. Just before Arcane Detonation you want to go into line of sight of Azshara and re-dot her and start moving toward the second Lady. You should use memory of the lucid dreams here as it should line up perfectly. Once you reach the second pillar, nuke myrmidon and line of sight shield break, as soon as the shield is down attack the second lady, cyclotronic burst again once your void form drops. Continue doing your rotation and make sure to weave into Azshara line of sight to dot her up.
When you use your third shadowfiend is up to you to decide, you can use it as soon as it’s ready or you can save it for bloodlust which gives you a bigger void form but means you lose a usage.
On the third lady, a lot of the time is spent killing myrmidons/Azshara and not lady herself. For me the following timing almost always happened. As we are pushing Azshara into last phase I am in void form at about 15-25 stacks, do not drop that void form, carry it over into bloodlust with memory of lucid dreams / shadowfiend and you will absolutely pump damage.
The last phase is the simplest part of the fight. Make sure you set up your damage for Bloodlust as mentioned before, after that simply use cooldowns as they come up and shield people that are about to die to console hits. If you’re using the Azshara Staff you should talk to your healer and have it be assigned somewhere, as a bonus, not as something that is meant to carry the raid. You simply shield 4-5 times to make yourself go OOM. For example, I used mine on the second overload after the third hit.
Crucible of Storms
The Restless Cabal2/3 Target Fight
Recommended Azerite Traits:
Power word: shield is very valuable on this fight, you will be casting it a lot on yourself and possibly even team members.
You should talk with Healers who have Void Stones before the fight. You can survive many things with dispersion / Void Stones and sometimes even Power word shield.
The only times you will need dispels, if the encounter is played perfectly, will be for interrupt adds and storms.
Survival Cooldown Example:
- First crashing you survive with a power word: shield.
- Second crashing take a healer Void Stone (better than disperse since DPS add will spawn)
- Then you take a dispel since interrupt adds
- Start stacking again
- Next can be done with power word: shield (try and take the debuff on the second tick and not instantly to be safe).
- Next wave use dispersion
- The wave after, use Void Stone
This is just an example how can you can play it.
You will be needing to interrupt, so be ready to do so.
Leap of Faith is super useful. Keep an eye out for stunned teammates, maybe get a Weakaura that lights up the frame when they are stunned. Be ready to grip them if either the MC blast or a big void spawn atop of them.
If you are struggling with interrupts, you can use mass dispel. This will be depended on warlock to healer ratio. While doing this be careful you don't dispel too many others as it deals heavy damage. Simply run to a safe spot and aim it a bit over yourself and the water.
Also, always keep the fear add dotted, it will deal damage to it making it spawn later. The later it spawns the better. As this means you will only need to kill it twice during the encounter.
Uu'natSingle Target / Cleave
Recommended Azerite Traits:
The hardest part is getting the correct damage on the adds. The aim is that no add is close to healing when Phase 1 ends, dealing too much damage to an add will cause it to heal right before. You might be required to not fully dot a add.
Power word: shield is your friend. Shielding yourself before soaking or while running is great.
Adds in Phase 2 are high priority to kill. Dot them all fully while maintaining Voidform. On some waves consider casting vampiric touch before Shadow word: pain as they will overlap with marks. While running you can Shadow word: pain them.
Phase 3 will be the hardest phase for you to play as the beams are super dangerous. Always only take 1 stack, while doing this make sure you continue to take good care of baits.
Don't bait at points when you need to run, don't screw over warlocks, don't bait on artifacts. Getting a good bait Weakaura will really help you here.
Just like in Phase 1 you want to control the add HP correctly. Don't have adds die but keep them low.
Maintaining dots in the last phase is super important as tank damage is very high. The lower the HP, the less hard they hit.
Shadowfiend can be used once in Phase 1 and Phase 2 then twice in Phase 3.
Don't use it too late in Phase 3 as torment might be scary to stay alive with, just fit the first one into Bloodlust.
Battle of Dazar'alor
Champion of the LightSingle Target
Grong, the Jungle LordCleave
Run Cleave azerite traits.
Dots are easy enough to maintain on robots + boss without misery.
Take a later interrupt, the adds die too fast for you to get it back.
Before the adds spawn dot up the boss, even if the pandemic does not fully line up. This will allow you to pop all DPS you have onto the adds rather than having to re-dot the boss mid way.
Shielding yourself before every tantrum makes you very safe in surviving the actual ability.
Run cleave azerite traits.
Saving shadowfiend/fuse for after first dance is very effective, this is when Xuens / Living bombs spawn. Because of the amount of multi dotting, the extra Haste/Insanity regeneration is extremely useful.
During living bombs make sure to maintain dots on both bosses, even when dipping in and out.
During the Ring of Hostility maze run ask your warlocks to pre-place a portal. This way you can take the portal and skip the entire maze.
While being up in the multi-sided strike you can keep dpsing, this does however require good attention to not screw up the dance and lose stacks. It is also reliant on tanks positioning the boss in the middle.
Azerite Traits - Option One
- 3x Searing Dialogue
- 1x Thought Harvester
- 1x Whispers of the Damned
- 1x Spiteful Apparitions
Azerite Traits - Option Two
- 3x Spiteful Apparitions
- 1x Whispers of the Damned
- 2x Chorus of Insanity / Death Throes
ONLY run 3x Searing Dialogue if its REALLY needed (I run this on farm, since we do splits we often lack AoE damage).
Bare in mind searing dialogue build should only be used if you have 3. However, if your other azerites are weaker you can consider using only 1 or 2 searing dialogue just for aoe reasons. Item level is king.
Chorus of insanity Gives Crit, because of the 100% Crit buff it makes the trait a lot less valuable.
Spiteful apparitions however scales excellent on this fight.
Get a good timer/weakaura for getting swapped on mythic and make sure you reapply dots right before getting swapped, they keep ticking.
Body and soul is super useful on the right side, While moving during the flames of punishment you can shield people with Power word: Shield To maintain voidform as it gives 6 insanity per shield. Make sure you prioritise Voidbolt over everything though. IF out of mana spam Shadow Word: Pain instead.
You are an excellent target for red gem. As void bolt is instant and Shadow Word: Void is a short cast time. Dot ticks do NOT reapply the buff only your direct spells will. You can spam Shadow Word: Pain to maintain the buff. if not assigned red gem OR yellow gem take Opal.
Keep dispersion in p2 for overlaps or Liquid gold and Surging gold. With disperse you can still drop it far out.
Gripping people in that just dropped their Liquid gold when the crit buff is active will increase overall raid dps.
The time between add spawns is 1 min, You can precast Dark Void right before they spawn, Dark Void again right on CD and will have it back for the 2nd add wave.
Be aware of timings of adds spawning in p2. Save Thought Harvester procs for these 100%. It's worth wasting some procs used on single target to make sure you have them for the adds.
Conclave of the ChosenCleave
Use cleave Azerite Traits.
Dropping voidform right before raptors spawn is an effective way of getting huge Crit from Chorus of Insanity. However, timing this will not always be worth it, just keep an eye out when they spawn. Make sure you quickly get back into voidform throughout for the increased spell damage alongside void bolt.
If raptors are up and you are trying to get back into voidform look if any raptors are stacked among the bosses for free cleave damage.
King RastakhanCleave + Inside
Use Cleave Azerite Traits.
Dark void is used for Bwonsamdi damage when inside the Death Realm. As twist of fate won't impact this.
If Bwonsamdi is under 60% HP do not reuse dark void. Instead save it and cast it when you come outside to dot the boss and adds.
Keep Void bolt / Shadow Word: Void running on CD. Any time in-between, apply Shadow Word: Pains. Once safely inside voidform (hope for whispers of the damned crits) you can start applying vampiric touch, While keeping void bolt on CD.
After the 3rd add dies on pull, reapply dots on Rastakhan, these will keep ticking during his short intermission of Bwonsamdi entering the fight. Granting you free damage.
If running dark void, you can save this for the totems, applying dots instantly and refreshing on Rastakhan. If not, dot it up and focus it down.
Bare in mind there is 0 value + reason to dot Bwonsamdi during Phase 2. Dots do not give a single target damage increase.
If tanks have issues swapping, you can grip them with Leap of Faith if needed, just have a tank call for it.
Shackle undead can be used to CC the adds that spawn outside during phase 3. You can assign yourself to interrupt these.
A quick Shackle undead target macro will help a lot for this.
/target (name of the assigned add)
/cast Shackle Undead
Popping vampiric embrace outside can be very valuable as lots of damage will constantly be taken, lowering the chance of healing full HP people.
During inevitable end try and use dispersion to maintain voidform. If it is on cooldown, keep void bolting on CD and Power Word: Shield people close to Rastakhan to avoid them getting sucked in. Also using Leap of faith to save people can be extremely good at this point. If out of mana to shield people spam Shadow Word: Pain.
High Tinker MekkatorqueSingle Target
Use Single target azerite traits.
Your DPS will differ a lot between pulls based on the amount of mechanics you get.
During Wormhole Generator, if you get the knock up yourself and another Leap of faith isn't available you can use levitate to keep yourself in the air. This will prevent you from getting one-shot by the boss.
Vampiric embrace should be assigned by the healing officer for this fight. The healing it can do during this fight can have a big impact because of the constant damage being taken.
Seems quite obvious but never dot the robots, It's NOT a DPS increase and the shield reflection will likely kill you.
Avoid Leap of faith people when enormous as you will trample them. However, trampling them is still better than them dying of crash down, so if they really need the Leap of faith you should still use it.
If someone fails the robot and gets knocked out. You can Leap of faith them away from the robots to avoid them getting chain stunned and dying.
If spark bots go running around, you can stun them with Psychic horror.
Stormwall BlockadeSingle Target / Cleave
Either the left side or right side ship is fine for you, personally I prefer right side.
Shielding yourself with body and soul before every sea swell will allow you to quickly dip into an old pool, place the circle and take no damage; this way you can save space on the boat for the duration of that phase.
You can see sirens before they reach the ship and cast Tempting Song. They spawn on 2 sides of the ship, simply check both and you can have it dotted before it reaches the ship.
People who are targeted by the sirens might require a Leap of Faith if they get too close to the edge, be ready for your duty.
Vampiric embrace should be called out by one of your healers, as the damage on the ships can be quite high.
Refresh dots on the boss right before they swap, they keep ticking.
In Phase 2 always keep dots on both the boss and Energized storm adds. You will also want to switch to and fully focus on the sirens every time they spawn. Dots will do the rest.
If a siren spawns next to you, make sure you are aware early if it targets you. If it does you need to react fast as you have no possible way outside of another priest grips to survive. If positioning allows, as soon as you see it spawn run to the middle of the platform to be safe. To make it easier, in bigwigs you can emphasise an announcement for if the add is casting tempting song on you.
Lady Jaina ProudmooreSingle Target
Use single target Azerite traits.
You will gain more overall damage from running 3x Spiteful Apparitions, but the only real damage you need will be in last phase. All other damage is basically pad damage.
All of your utility is extremely valuable for this fight:
- Mass dispel: Ring of ice, we ran 4 priests to mass dispel everyone without dipping into fire. Even if you dip into fire you want to mass dispel after it in case people did not make it. Also after Phase 2 avalanche there will be ice spikes spawning. When these hit people they will be frozen, you can mass dispel this.
- Leap of faith: This can be very useful for people running out with avalanche, Siege breaker, Broadsides and the Hunter interrupting Jaina after the Wall of Ice. Grips are constantly used on this fight. You simply need the awareness and communication to use them to their full potential or to clutch a situation.
- Body and Soul: Extremely useful. You can use this on people who got hit by avalanche in Phase 1, from running first intermission to speeding up people who you see are slightly behind. With enough awareness you can do a lot with this talent.
- Vampiric Embrace: Has extreme use as people always are dropping low. For example at the Wall of Ice you want to always pop this. This allows healers to DPS as much as possible and Vampiric embrace will heal up the difference.
- Dispersion: The small shards that spawn from Phase 2 tank avalanche can be soaked with dispersion. Not needed, but if you end up popping it anyway to stay alive, you get a small additional raid benefit.
- Mind control: The Kul Tiran that spawn during Phase 1 can be mind controlled off the ship killing them instantly. Be careful that you don't Mind Control them MID fixate cast; during the Mind control they will run around for about 5 seconds, fixating during that is wasting your DPS potential.
Mind Controlling Phase One Adds
- When the adds spawn, you want to stun them instantly and run them off the boat with Mind control.
- What you can also do IF high voidform, is to wait slightly and stun the barrel cast (Set Charge) instead, this ability has a 20 second Cooldown. With this buffer you can finish your voidform and then run them off afterwards. This is more DPS effective BUT can cause annoying overlaps for you of other mechanics (Nova, Avalanche, Tank frontal, etc.), so do this at your own discretion.
- Sometimes the adds bug out, and will place the barrel mid air when they fly in. You can't prevent this barrel.
- As you sometimes have to mind control while gathering storm is stacking up. You will need an "escort" back towards the ship. As I mentioned its preferred unless high voidform stacks that you get the adds off the ship as soon as possible. You don't want to get frozen mid mind control.
- Make sure the mind control breaks of the adds dying. Even if they touch the smallest edge of the ship, they will run back up. Make sure they die mid mind control for safety.
- Full dotting the frozen ballista is very useful DPS.
- There is no DPS check here, just make sure you are active with Leap of Faith / Mass dispels / mind controls / Power World: Shield.
You won't be great here. Your damage on the images will be quite low. Use your ranged interrupt (Silence) to avoid more balls of spawning. Shielding yourself and teammates in the back with body and soul to keep up with the group. Going into voidform here can be a good way to deal some damage to the images.
You are good for dealing with the barrels, but be careful of sudden spiteful damage. A general good rule is to dot a barrel up fully once and then check the HP before doing too much damage.
Phase 2 Barrels
- The first barrel you want to kill ASAP as its after the intermission so you single target it down.
- The second barrel will be killed during a fog of gathering blizzard (on Mythic difficulty), you want to make sure this barrel is low. At around 30% when the fog is incoming.
- The third barrel will be the slowest to kill, but needs to be switched to and killed fast when it has to die. The barrel will be broken quite a bit before it has to be used. Get it to around 50% when not needed, 30% before needing to be broken and then nuke it down when its time to use it.
Be careful with cooldowns in Phase 2:
- 2 minute cooldowns (fuse) should be used at the start. Don't pop them right before the wall or during the wall because you won't have them back during Phase 3 where it matters.
- 3 minute cooldowns should also be used at the start of Phase 2 and then saved for Phase 3 (NOT during Bloodlust).
Wall of Ice
- Before the wall we had to stop DPS to not push the boss during the fog of Gathering blizzard. As Method we made the agreement we would stop a bit earlier and have only the shadowpriest's continue DPS to maintain voidform. I always tried to enter the Wall of Ice intermission/phase with about 10-15 stacks of voidform.
- During the Wall of Ice you want to dot up the wall and move enough to be able to hit Jaina. DPS Jaina fully during the wall phase with bloodlust, do NOT use your 3 minute cooldowns.
- Stand max range of Jaina at all time. Right before the ice hits you, reapply dots on the boss, these will keep ticking on her while clearing the ice block of Nathanos. Whilst doing this just make sure you don't get frozen.
- While running back, quickly dot up the water elemental once whilst not being able to DPS Jaina.
- Void bolt will keep extending dots on the water elemental. Never reapply these manually unless there is no other option.
- A good time to reapply shadow word: pain on the water elemental would be while you are running around for mechanics. Running inside the orb of frost, away with heart of frost or broadsides.
- Make sure you do not prioritise it over voidbolting, shielding yourself for movement speed or reapplying dots on Jaina.
- Make sure you of course have all your cooldowns going into this phase.
- Be stood on the marked player (tends to be the raid leader) when not having any mechanics.
- Do not ever dot up the Prismatic image, its useless damage.
- Be ready to interrupt the water elemental during the ray. Melees might have issues interrupting this specific one.
- When siege breaker comes in and your tactic is the same as ours, aka you die. Warlock gateway out, do NOT disperse as it will likely save you. You want to die BEFORE it goes off so it doesn't go off at all.