Spec Specific Azerite Traits
- Cold Steel, Hot Blood - The best stackable trait for most situations.
- Simmering Rage - Great to have 1 of, but there is very little value to stack.
- Unbridled Ferocity - Even better than Simmering Rage to have 1 of. You will often drop item levels on the gear to have it, but don’t use more than 1.
- Reckless Flurry - Good stackable trait for single target. Bad for Cleave and AoE.
- Pulverizing Blows - This trait is "ok" on single target and low target cleave. You would most likely only end up using this trait if you get it on a higher item level item or an item where you gain Overwhelming Power.
- Infinite Fury - This trait is "ok" in simulations and would be used for both multi target and single target. In many real scenarios though you may end up losing the buff because of fight mechanics.
Azerite traits rotation changes
Recommended Azerite Traits
Go for as many Cold Steel, Hot Blood as you can whilst keeping 1x Unbridled Fury and ideally 1x Simmering Rage. If you can use something with Overwhelming Power, that might take priority over the ideal outer traits. If unsure, make sure to sim your own character.
I would recommend getting access to all of the good essences, since they are likely to be useful in a range of scenarios.
Blood of the Enemy is one of the best cleave and AoE essences, with an added upside of also being pretty good single target.
Essence of the Focusing Iris is great for burst AoE and the minor is also good.
Breath of the Dying minor effect Lethal Strikes should be the best minor at rank 3.
The Crucible of Flame is one of the best minor essences for single target. However, the major effect is not likely to be used when you are geared.
Worldvein Resonance has a weak major effect and a decent minor if your group uses it.
Purification Protocol does good damage in AoE scenarios, but not as much as the other AoE options. It is very weak on single target, making the only likely use of the major when you are in an AoE situation with Aberrations. The minor is a little better, it can be used as a minor in cleave situations without Aberrations.
The Formless Void should not be your go-to essence but may situationally be powerful if you need different kinds of damage in different phases of a boss.
Vision of Perfection. Our cooldowns alone are not strong unless we have the other essences to buff them.
The Unbound Force is also a weak essence both as a major and as a minor.
Blizzard are still likely to make updates at this time, but the best Corruption effects currently are Infinite Stars and Echoing Void, although there are effects I did not get to test on PTR and are not implemented in simulationcraft at the time of writing.
Infinite Stars is a lot stronger on normal single target fights than on fights where you have to AoE or switch targets.
Echoing Void does reduced damage to targets in AoE situations.