Spec Specific Azerite Traits:
Recommended Azerite Traits
Tier 1 & 2:
- Crashing Chaos & Treacherous Covenant are the best traits for Single Target.
- You can run one Chaos Shards as well.
- Rolling Havoc is a extremely strong trait if you can make use of it.
- Flashpoint is your strongest trait if you can maintain a high uptime.
In most cases Overwhelming Power is the best Tier 3 trait.
The only exception are execute damage reliant bosses like G’huun, High Tinker Mekkatorque and Jaina. Gutripper is perfect for this kind of situation and can make the difference between a kill and a wipe.
With everything unlocked you’ll have 1 Major Essence and 3 Minor Essence effects.
All information listed here is still subject to change.
New essences in 8.3
Major : Burn your target with a bolt of Azerite, dealing 52,365 Fire damage. If the target has less than 20% health or more than 80% health, the cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds. If Reaping Flames kills an enemy, its cooldown is lowered to 5 seconds and it will deal 100% increased damage on its next use.
Minor : Your spells and abilities have a chance to strike your target for 12,944 Fire damage and heal you for 50% of the damage dealt. If your target is below 20% health, the chance for extra damage is increased by 400%. Unique: Corruption Resistance increased by 10.
Major: Release a wave of energy from your Heart of Azeroth, increasing the damage that all party members within 15 yards deal with Azerite Essences by 45% and their speed by 3 for the next 20 seconds.
Minor: (Approximately 4 procs per minute) Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase yours and 2 other allies’ Haste by 108 for 8 seconds. It also reduces the cooldown of yours and 2 other allies’ currently slotted major Essence by 1 second. Unique: Corruption Resistance increased by 10.
Major: Replicate the energy in your target’s Heart of Azeroth, gaining access to rank 3 of their currently slotted Major Essence for the next 15 seconds. However, the Formless Void will go on cooldown for 30% longer than the base cooldown of the Essence you replicated and it doesn't work on passive Essences.
Minor: When an ally within 40 yards uses an Azerite Essence, you gain 351.25 main stat and 66 Haste for 20 seconds. The ally who used an Azerite Essence also gains 66 Haste for 20sec. Only one ally can have this Haste effect at a time. Unique: Corruption Resistance increased by 10.
Major Essences Ranking (Rank3):
- Condensed Life Force: Summons a guardian that does damage and increases your haste by 10%.
- Vision of Perfection: Your spells have a chance to activate your Infernal for 35% of it’s normal duration. When activated, you and 2 other nearby allies gain Haste for 10 seconds.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams: Increases your Soul Shard regeneration for 15 seconds by 100%.
- Crucible of Flame: Extra ability that does a fair amount of damage.
- Essence of Focusing Iris: a 3 second channel ability that does a lot of damage and is on a 1.5 minute cooldown.
- Blood of the Enemy: an AoE damage ability that increases your critical strike chance by 25% on all targets it hits for 10 seconds and increases your critical hit damage by 25% for 5 seconds. On a 1.5 minute cooldown.
- Worldvein Resonance: Spawning three Lifeblood shards immediately on a 1 minute cooldown. Each shard grants you 50 primary stats within 12 yards.
- Conflict and Strife: Allows the use of a PvP talent in PvE encounters.
- Unbound Force: a 45 second cooldown ability that does mediocre damage but does 300% increases damage if it crits.
- Purification Protocol: AoE ability on a 1 minute cooldown. If a target dies your damage is increased by 10% for 8 seconds.
- Ripple in Space: You can place an Azerite beacon at a target and get ported there after 2 seconds. You will deal damage at that location and take 10% less damage for 10 seconds.
Minor Essences Ranking:
- Worldvein: You spawn shards every 1-25 seconds that grants you and allies 50 primary stat within 12 yards. You can benefit from a maximum of four at the same time.
- Crucible of Flame: DoT that does damage.
- Focusing Iris: Gain up to 10 stacks of Focused Energy that increases your Haste. You need to use abilities on the same target. When you have no stacks at all, your first ability grants you 3 stacks.
- Conflict and Strife: Chance to gain a stack (up to 8) to increase your Versatility for 14 seconds. If you get cc’d you also get a stack.
- Condensed Life Force: Chance to do damage to the target and increases all damage you deal to that target by 5% for 6 seconds.
- Vision of Perfection: Reduces the cooldown of your Infernal and increases your Versatility. When you use your Infernal you heal for 5% of your maximum health.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams: Chance to refund Soul Shards.
- Blood of the Enemy: Your critical strikes grant you a stack of Blood-Soaked, increasing your Critical Strike. When you reach 40 stacks you’ll gain Haste for 8 seconds.
- Unbound Force: Your non critical strikes have a chance to give you Reckless Force. When you reach 20 stacks you gain 70% increased critical strike chance for 4 seconds.
- Purification Protocol: Chance to deal fire damage to your target and to get a HoT on yourself.
- Ripple in Space: Your movement speed is increased by 5% and when you move more than 25 yards within 4 seconds you gain Intellect for 20 seconds. This can only happen every 30 seconds.